I have an ultrasound soon and I'm super nervous!

Ms_Friendly

TTC #1
Reaction score
On Tuesday I'll be 11+6 and I'm going to have an US then. Last time I saw the baby it was measuring on track at 7 weeks. Ever since 9 weeks I've been able to use my home Doppler and hear the baby just about every day. Today at 11+1 the baby has a heart rate of 160-165. I'm just nervous I've had a mmc in February when I was 5-7 weeks along and I'm scared I'll be measuring behind but with a great heartbeat? Is that likely? Also been crampy today but not bad and no sporting at all this pregnancy. Feels kind of like stretching. Thanks for your insight in advance!

Your nerves are understandable after experiencing a loss. I have had several and with each pregnancy I try to stay positive until I have a reason not to. It’s a lot harder than it sounds but it works for me. The fact that you are hearing a nice strong hb is def a huge positive. The likelihood of another loss after only 1 is slim. 1% of women experience recurrent miscarriages. Figure you are apart of the 99%.
I have everything crossed for you for a lovely ultrasound where you get to see baby dancing around. If you need to talk or release your fears I’m near to listen.

Good luck! Sounds like all should be fine :flower:

Everything sounds perfect so far. It's so natural to worry because you want everything to be OK this time. The fact babies hb is present shows you have a baby growing away in there. Try not to worry. I think you will feel much happier Tuesday afterwards. If your dates go back or forwards abit don't worry. They put me 5 and 3 days ahead in my pregnancies and plenty of others I know went back a few days or forwards. Hope all goes well Tuesday x

Thanks, Ladies! I love the support and responses I get on this forum. I had my appointment today and it went great! I got to hear the heartbeat and it was 160. Doctor said sounds perfect. I also had to have blood work done and a pap smear. ugh. I spotted a few tiny spots of red on the toilet paper but the OB said my cervix is low and that's why it might be painful intercourse. Cervix is closed and she's not concerned about anything! I didn't have a scan since I already had my dating scan and another one after that at 7 weeks. She doesn't like to do them unless medically necessary so I won't have another scan until 20 weeks! wahhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->