I have found a venue I LOVE

maryp0ppins

Reaction score
and it already has bookings for June 2015, we are looking to get married August 2015! The only drawback is that it is in oxfordshire, we live in London so it is about 70 miles away. its dry hire, so I could do whatever Id like with it!
https://www.silverpearweddings.co.uk/index.php?p=home
trying to convince my OH we need to go see this ASAP, told him we could put on a coach from London for our friends, all my family will be coming over from Canada so they dont care where it is!

Oh it is just STUNNING! I love the outside ceremonies too, it's such a beautiful place. I'm also really impressed they have a calendar online - why can't all venues have that?!

Do you have a specific date in mind? Our venue is an hour away from us - I think sometimes you have to look farther afield if you want to find a place you really love.

yes I am hoping for 08/08/15, its a Saturday. My mom is a teacher so gets out for school holidays at the end of June, the plan is that she will fly over at the beginning of July with my 2 sisters, both at uni atm and stay for a month before and help me sort everything. We could go to the venue 2 days before and decorate it, its so beautiful that I think some fairy lights and bunting is really all we would need. I was thinking about having bird cages as centre pieces with a few flowers in the middle. The only downfall is that there is NO kitchen available or fridge to store things so I would have to get a catering company to do it all, I was hoping to do my own evening buffet to cut costs but I think that we will still save lots of money finding our own catering company.

That is beautiful!!

I don't think it matters that it's far away. My brother got a coach for his wedding because the church was in their village/town but the reception venue (and where we were all staying) was about an hours drive away. It certainly didn't impact on the day at all

so we are going to go view this place when we can find someone to drive us (we dont drive or have licenses!) also found another one in Kent, closer to home and could do the whole thing for 100 guests for £4000! https://www.highrocks.co.uk/index.html they also have a barn

Wow I love that second one too!

One thing to think of if you don't drive about the one an hour away is to make sure you will have someone that will be able to take you there when you have to meet with them, sort arrangements etc!

we can get the train there from london bridge in about 45 minutes so its a plus.
my OH is set on having a castle......which we 100% can not afford, Ive suggested having a ceremony only at a castle nearby and then a reception at the pub.

ETA i meant the train about the second one, but OH's auntie lives a few streets away and is a hair dresser from home and has offered to drive us anywhere whenever we want. She is like a mother to my OH as his own mum (her younger sister) died when OH was 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->