I have never heard such a thing!

ab2401

Reaction score
And it really makes me worried because I could no longer breastfeed. :cry:

Have any of you every heard anything like this?
I didnt make it to the bottem, much to long for me and I'm needed to make dinner.

https://parenting.ivillage.com/newborn/nformula/0,,6fjb,00.html

I just don't read things like this tbh it very worrying and very stressful on Mum when they are unable for whatever reason :(

yeah I wasn't really meaning to find it, it was on that site and the first link said something about the formula so I thought it would be helpful.

I don't know if I really believe all that crap because is it was all that bad I don't really think they would make it and we would just go caveman style where everyone had to BF.

I just couldn't believe it, thought I would share.

I'm not convinced either hun & I was more saying maybe 'you' should ignore it/out it to back of mind x

What an awfull thing to read! I think that it's likely there is some truth behind what it says, alot of research has gone into formula feeding..but at the same time how do they know all these things are not just coincidence? At the end of the day millions of babies are formula fed and have been for years and i don't know about anyone else, but i'm still alive! Ok so i had cancer when i was a kid...is that my mum's fault cus she fed me with SMA cus she was too poorley to breastfeed? I think not! Illnesses like that are more likely due to bad genes and the environment in my opinion..anyone of us can have these problems in life and for a million other reasons beside formula! And i am sure there are babies that get these problems anyway even when breastfed! Sure formula may increase the chances but by a very tiny amount. I wouldnt worry too much. As you said, if formula was that dangerous it wouldnt be on the market. There has to be some alternative to breast milk as not all mums can do it. Manufactorers can only mimic breastmilk as best they can. Anyways i always say what about all the crap we put into our bodies everyday? Deodrants, perfumes, hair spray etc...breast milk isnt 100% pure in my opinion, nothing can be. x

I was breastfed, my sister wasn't. We're both as healthy and as clever as eachother. I'd rather go from family experiences than aload of medical research they keep changing their minds about.

they wouldn't put it on the shelfs if it wasn't safe.

i was formula feed and so was my sister and my daughter and we are all still alive today.

In answer to the question, yes I have read things like this and I'm surprised that you were never given information about the benefits of breastfeeding when you were pregnant? America does have a lot of advertising for formula that the UK would never allow though, so maybe it's different where you are.

The research doesn't say that you're going to die or your baby will die if fed formula, it just points out there is an increased risk of this happening.

People can diss all the medical proof that they want if they feel they need to defend their choice, but it's still there. Personally I go on medical and scientific research and evidence over what someone else has done.

I just think at the end of the day if a newborn baby, who is fresh from the womb is fed adapted milk from another species how can it be good for them?

I'd rather go from family experiences than aload of medical research they keep changing their minds about.
If that were the case and I was going on family experience, then I'd smoke as my greatnan doesn't have cancer and she smokes.

I do feel like some people bury their heads in the sand when it comes to facing facts, and this research isn't something they've changed their minds about. It's been around for years.

I'm sorry that the facts have made you feel bad AB2401, perhaps you could speak to a lactation consultant if resuming breastfeeding is something you want to do? It is possible to start your supply up again, it just takes a lot of work. I know you have nipple piercings and were exclusively expressing, which may effect relactation efforts. I don't know if the piercings can be removed?

I tried giving Alex food at 16 weeks, despite knowing a lot about the risks of early weaning through research. I wouldn't say that the info was cobblers though, just because I didn't like the thought that I was potentially harming my baby. I have had to deal with the fact that I went against recommendations to suit our needs. My only saving grace is that he wasn't that bothered about the food so I went through all the guilt for nothing lol

no I dont feel all that bad, because I really don't think formula is as bad as they say it to be..... I'm also not saying its perfect. Its kinda like pit bulls tons of people are sure they are going to attack you but half of the dogs wouldn't even think about it.

I would love to start pumping again and I have tried to as much as I can with out making myself uncomfortable, to start producing again but I just cant get them to start back up.

I merely posted this because I thought it was interesting and hadn't ever heard of something like this.

I have NEVER heard of that before,when I gave birth to my Son in 2004 I tried to breastfeed but could not beacuse I had a seizure when I was Preggy with Him & was put on iron pills + seizure meds,I also had SEVERE anemia & required 2 blood transfusions,He was Formula Fed & has no problems,He was born tiny so He has speech problems & developmental delay's but nothing other than that,also my Daughter was formula fed,I would have tried breast feeding if I could have.

no I dont feel all that bad, because I really don't think formula is as bad as they say it to be..... I'm also not saying its perfect. Its kinda like pit bulls tons of people are sure they are going to attack you but half of the dogs wouldn't even think about it.

I would love to start pumping again and I have tried to as much as I can with out making myself uncomfortable, to start producing again but I just cant get them to start back up.

I merely posted this because I thought it was interesting and hadn't ever heard of something like this.
Well done hun I'm sure you did your best.

Personally as I don't know and haven't researched it so don't debate breast milk is possibily better for baby BUT some can't do it its as simple as that therefore don't ever beat yourself up over it no matter what any article or person says. At the same time you see Mums who have breastfed end with a child experiencing all they say it 'could' prevent. Just another fact of life.

The nurses in the hospital couldn't get Caitlin to latch on - Caitlin wouldn't latch on at home either! My HV thinks I'd have had HELL breast feeding but got so far down the line & she was right ... I've never had a leak pre or after birth :shock: So my choice was formula because theres only 2 choices (not sure what you mean there Kina) I'm happy & comfortable with Caitlin on formula - I don't need to defend it thats just how it happened which is why I won't read articles & string myself up over it. Never read before that it could help kill my baby not something I particularly (sp) wanted to read or have much thought/debate in & feel a failure because of natures choice plus every Mum has a right to personal choice for whatever reason suits them I guess.... some don't have both or at least try their best.

Which is why I said try to put to back of mind - You did your best! Thats all you should know :hugs:

:hugs: I love you Wobbles, we think a like.

Is Caitlin your first baby? If you dont mind me asking.... that is.

Don't mind you asking ... She is :D Tried so hard for her we're just chuffed shes here.

Hard work huh :lol:! I learnt from my OH to stay clear of Google & articles - in fact got told off quite a lot over time :blush: Mind boggling when your just trying to do your best.

Aw! Well congrats (6months late :) )

You planing any more? I know I cant wait for Rylee to grow up... well I can but I cant wait for my time to have another. I even enjoyed the birthing part.:rofl:

Call me crazy. :baby:

BARMY!!! lol

Having 1 more if nature allows. Not preventing now but not trying :D

HAHA I hear ya, although I have the stupid implanon.

Is only good for 3 years so I think that will work out for me. Assuming I dont get a blood clot and die. :muaha:

given how many babies are fed formula feed an how many breast fed I would say that the mortality rate makes no difference whatever you do.

in the 40's my uncle was fed from a goat (literally) lol so please hun put it to the back of your mind

Chloe was bottle and Amelia was breast at the end of the day they each got milk whether artificial or natural. Job done I say.

Bex.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->