I have pregnancy gingivitis :(

thesockqueen

3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Went to the dentist today, been suffering with sore and bleeding gums for weeks. I honestly thought it'd clear up on it's own but gave in eventually. Nasty dentist cleaned my teeth and gums out with the evil sharp pointy thing and told me to fork out a load of money I don't have on high flouride mouth wash, and electric toothbruth and tepe brushes as well :(:(. I have to go back next week so they can check my progress. I told my friend who's a trainee nurse, who promptly launched into an explanation about how I'm not getting enough calcium. How she would know this when she's at uni in Nottingham 200 miles away is beyond me (it's not even true btw). People's little tidbits are starting to get irksome now. I feel bad for getting wound up about it, I'm just so hormonal and stressy at the moment :hissy:

Oh sounds painful. I HATE HATE HATE Dentists :rofl: Hopefully your gums will feel better soon. And i know what you mean about everyone getting there lil bits in. Everyone is always telling me what I should be doing....mind your own bloody business :rofl:

XxxX

I have the same problem. Dad's ex wife advised me to use corsodyl (or cordosyl - cant remember which way round the letters go). I trust her, she's not a dentist but an operating theatre manager and so she's not exactly "daft"...

Then spoke to dentist about it where he advised I used the same stuff, so seems she was actually right...

I have to say its great stuff, worked wonders.

Oh sounds painful. I HATE HATE HATE Dentists :rofl: Hopefully your gums will feel better soon. And i know what you mean about everyone getting there lil bits in. Everyone is always telling me what I should be doing....mind your own bloody business :rofl:

XxxX

It really gets on my nerves!!! At work I've been put on 'light duties' and I get sooooo bored! I work at a nightclub as a receptionist on the over 23s side and its always dead, I wanna go back on to the over 18s side where the action is. I know they have an extra duty of care towards me and all that bollocks but I'm pregnant, I'm not a flid!!!

lol.....i HATE dentist tooo borderline of petrified of them.....and i have serious gum problems since being pregnant so sore n bleed alot etc.....so i understand how horrid it is xxx

Aw, sorry for you, that really sucks. Brush hard and fast!

i'm a dental nurse and the only advise i can give is to keep your teeth and gums really clean, even if gums bleed alot and are sore keep brushing (not very nice i know) and use floss and clorhexidine mouthwash x

Don't think I could brush hard and fast, bleeds so much, and my gums aren't actually sticking to my teeth sorta thing, its awful, they just hang off...

Not AS bad as they were since using that mouthwash stuff though, but I don't think I'll see any improvement until I'm un-pregnanted and my body has a chance to get back to normal.

When i was a dental nurse we always advised a pregnant woman to use Corsodyl as Sarah said , also just to brush more regular !

It can get really uncomfy but keep at it and it will ease in about 5 - 7 days !!

you can get Corsodyl on prescription from your dentist if you ask (it can get expensive this pregnancy lark :) ) also.. you can get it in a gel form which you brush your teeth with instead of the mouthwash (if your not keen on the burning sensation) .. that worked REALLY well for me :happydance:

good luck!

it might sound strange but it wont go away unless u keep brushing the gums even though they bleed and sore, ur dentist sould tell u this

I don't think anyones stopped brushing? Its common sense really. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->