I haven't really got a clue what i'm doing!

caggimedicine

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
Ok, so we've started weaning Harry - he's never liked formula and has very rarely drank a full bottle since we weaned him off boob - and yet he is very interested in food. So I started by trying him with some baby rice... which he hated. I'm guessing this was because it probably tastes, well, just like formula! Tried him on some banana cereal and he loved it. He's had almost every vegetable and loves them all, and also loves fruit too. However.... I think I took things too quickly.

Harry will eat whatever I give him, and eats lots of it too, but the past couple of days he's been unusually grumpy and whingy. Of course, this could be for any reason, but i'm concerned that it might be because i've been giving him too much food too quickly. I had been feeding him loads of food, and not so much formula. So today I took a step back, and have given him formula for all his feeds except half a rusk this morning (mixed with the formula he didn't drink) and for lunch he had some carrot and sweet potato and some apple and banana. He's been better this afternoon and not as whingy.

What does everyone think?? Do you think I took things too quickly? I'm really not sure what to do.:dohh:

At his age he still needs to get all his nutrients from milk so I would keep his milk feeds the same and not drop any.

Im not sure about the amount of solids that is the right amount but it should be secondary to the milk. x

yep his milk is his most important food i would say untill a year old, food just compliments his milk xx i would try and make sure he has his milk over solids at his age x

Fred has a day:

Bfeed around 7am

Porridge around 8am

Formula around 11am

solid lunch 1.30pm

Formula 2.30pm

Solid tea and sometimes Bfeed 5pm

Formula/Bfeed 7pm

He rarely drinks a whole bottle if he is having one but still gets plenty of milk each day, hope this helps xx

oh and when he was your boys age he just had 2 solid meals a day, started him on 3 meals at about 5 and half months xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->