I hesitated to ask this...but it's bugging me.

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Chase has been taking baby oatmeal once per day and the past couple of weeks or so he's been eating the serving all up. Now, I've been giving him baby oatmeal sparadically up until that two week mark and it wasn't affecting him as much as it is now.

Now, the past week he's had a cold and he's been teething for months.

Anyhow, the past week he's been very gassy. To the point where he's moaning because his tummy is sore. He's more windy and will wake up at night and once lifted will pass some gas. The toots are big and I can see why he's having tummy issues and it even hurts him passing the gas.

So, could he be more gassy because he does have a cold or due to teething? Or could it be the oatmeal and that I should try another cereal?

I think it's probably teething, but it wouldn't hurt to try another cereal.

summers mega gassy at the mo and she is teething real bad now aswel, so i would say teething?

Leeanne I've been thinking about this for a while now. What brand are you feeding Chase? Are you using formula or boiled water? The reason I ask is because a family members little girl can't use the Nestle brand (where you can add water or formula) because it has skim milk in it and it upsets her tummy. Heinz doesn't have the milk in it and that's the one they use

I would say its teething too as maxim has been the same , poor bub

Leeanne I've been thinking about this for a while now. What brand are you feeding Chase? Are you using formula or boiled water? The reason I ask is because a family members little girl can't use the Nestle brand (where you can add water or formula) because it has skim milk in it and it upsets her tummy. Heinz doesn't have the milk in it and that's the one they use

I have been using the Heinz and mixing it with formula.

Good suggestion though :)

I had a box of baby rice too so just fed him some of that. He seemed to take it well enough but hopefully it's less gassy on his tummy. :)

Iff he was able to eat it for awhile then I doubt it was the oatmeal... But I suppose it doesn't hurt to try something else.

Iff he was able to eat it for awhile then I doubt it was the oatmeal... But I suppose it doesn't hurt to try something else.

That's what I was thinking. Yes, he got a bit gassier when I started him on the oatmeal a month or so ago but this past week it has been bad.

He seems a bit better today but he did do a few dirty diapers and got rid of some of it. But now I hesitate to try him on veggies.

You never know with veggies, cereals have added iron which can upset their tummy or make them gassy too.. It might now be the fact that its a food really... If you know what I mean. Veggies and fruit may be fine for him.. you just never know.

That is true. And I guess he's got to go through it sooner or later as his digestive system is getting used to new foods. :) I'll try him on some veggie in a bit.

A better night last night in terms of his tummy. I fed him rice cereal yesterday and tried him on carrots.

Hmm, the carrots he didn't really like. LOL

hmm guess I will try something else next lol! Jasmine loooovves the sweet potatoes. She gobbled them up in no time last night.

I tried my LO once on a ready made oatmeal cereal and it didn't go at all well with his stomach afterwards. He had cramps and was gassy. I'd suggest sticking to the rice cereal for a few days and see if that helps. It could be the the oatmeal cereal is not gluten free which the rice is. My LO doesn't have a problem with any of the yellow or orange veggies (the green ones give him gass).

Been feeding him rice cereal and one veggie. He's a bit less gassy....had a few moments yesterday...but a definite improvement in his stomach.

I also learned gripe water can be used more often than once per day so will try that too. How I didn't think of that, I don't know. LOL The gripe water I have is alcohol free.

Rebecca got mega windy when i started weaning her. She was only having baby rice. at first, once a day, then twice and her trumps at nights used to make her writhe in pain before it popped out! Started fruit and veg and she stopped trumping almost straight away. My GP (mother of 4 ) said just get lots of veg n fruit down her but avoid green veg (cabbage, broccoli, beans etc) seems to have worked :) Godo luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->