I just can't drink water!

ece77

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I'm almost 7 weeks pregnant. And although I have never been great with water, I've tried to up my water intake in the last year, knowing how important water is for you and your developing baby.

Unfortunately I can no longer stand drinking plain water. I tried drinking freezing cold-room temperature-warm and also tried adding flavors (lemon, cucumbers). Cold and lemon seems to be a little better but it's impossible to reach the 2 litres target.

So, I'd like to ask, is it possible to cover the gap with soups? I already love soups and I seem to crave for them! So it's a win-win situation if that's ok!

What do you think?

I'm not sure but I don't think it all has to be straight water. I got very dehydrated a month ago from bad ms and the doctor told me to drink lots of fluids. I told him it was hard to keep plain water down and he suggested soup, popsicles, juice, tea, etc as long as I was taking in fluids. I'm assuming it's the same now where I should be drinking as much water as I can but bridging the gap with other fluids. It's the way I've been doing it. I've been splashing juice and lemonade in the water because something plain water just sits heavy and is very unappealing to me. :)

You can also get water from water rich fruits like watermelon, citrus, and well, basically any fruit, but go for the highest water content. Also, try getting a mason jar and infusing slices of citrus overnight, or Youtube how to make different fruit and herb infused waters. Leave the mason jar in the fridge and just pour yourself a glass every now and then so it's cold and has flavour :) And then munch on your fruit in the meantime!

Thank you both ladies!

Skywalker - I really might try the infused water thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->