I just don't know what to do :(

littlemyst

Reaction score
I'm 29.5 weeks pregnant with baby #3. I have been noticing very not normal movement almost like he is convulsing/seizuring. When it first started it wasnt that bad, was not normal but I never thought to much of it till last night. In about a 3 hour span he had 4 fits where he would very intensely convulse to the point it was almost painful for me. It would last for about 15-20 seconds and then stop. I called the nurses line they were no help saying they don't have information on unborn babies and when I called my doctor today was told the earliest they could get me in was tomorrow at 11. I have a 5 year old and a 16 month old and to have to drag them to the hospital would be hell. Also I live an hour from the closet hospital. My husband is on night shift and I would feel horrible to wake him to take me if there was nothing wrong. I'm melting down :( I have no family where I live and not many friends as I only been living here for a year. I'm so alone and scared and just can't handle it and don't know what to do. :( I have nowhere else to get this all out so I came here.

I would suggest going in. I was always told to come in to be monitored if there was a change/decrease in movement. I say it's always better to be safe than sorry. Yes, it may be a pain to bring your other kids with you - but no impossible

i often get a spate of movements and kicks that could sound similar to what you describe. Its like his bum and legs moving in spasms. Usually i put my hand on my bump and he settles. Go get checked to ease your mind but i would say its part of their movement patterns.

Its probably nothing to worry about but I would say to go in just to be safe

My baby does this too! I was worried at first too, it seems like excessive movement, but it is getting tighter in there for them and they are just exploring with their little bodies I think. I stopped worrying because at least she is moving!!

i too get movement like this sometimes, i assumed was normal cos its first time ive gotten this far on ive had prob 8 or 9 scans and all is fine with bub.
liek the others said it does no harm to go get checked, if u r worried i would go in.
i went in at 28 weeks due to lack of movement, when they put on trace he started hopping , the little fairy . they were lovely to me, i apologised for wasting their time nad they said , always come in if i was worried , better to be safe.
let us know how u get on xxxxxxxxxxx

You know your baby's movements better than anyone else and what is "normal" for him. My OB told me to never mess around with any movement issues and if I felt there might be something wrong, to get in to be checked. So I would err on the safe side here and get yourself checked out.

Hope everything turns out ok hun! :flower:

This kind of sounds like what I was experiencing around then. I told my doctor it was like he was having a seizure. Like two minutes of solid consistent movement, with no breaks. He said he hears about it a lot and its normal. He said there is no way to know what he is doing in there for sure, but it wouldn't surprise him if he was crying and throwing a fit lol

However, if your worried, id take the appointment. Better than going crazy all the time wondering if something is wrong.

It could be hiccups which are completely normal. Go get it checked, but more than likely it will be fine.

I was told that the spasms were due to growth as I wss getting tge same and that it was very normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->