I just got an Unsafe Website Message

Whitbit22

Proud Mommy
Reaction score
I just got blocked from being on this site, it said it has been reported to microsoft for trying to get financial or personal info. That is scary.

Will bring it to admin's attention

That is scary! I haven't gotten any messages like that.

It may actually be your computer that is infected.

I only go to Facebook and this site.. So I really hope not!

yeah, my computer had a virus a couple weeks ago and it did the same thing with a couple sites including bnb, as soon as we cleaned up the virus it didn't do it anymore.

Run a full virus scan to make sure nothing shows up.

The following has directions on how to remove it: (hopefully I can post links now, and not be in time out, lol)

https://www.2-spyware.com/remove-personal-security.html

Any personal information is that you declare in signup we are also well above board and the forum is registered with data protection and I promise to never ask for your credit card details :rofl: but that aside I have never seen a microsoft warning state such details :wacko: Do you have a firewall or windows firewall enabled - if you haven't you should but sometimes when I go from google etc I get silly unsafe messages on random established company websites.

I would also run spy-bot or alike.

Will bring this to my OHs attention when hes free though - much better at explaining things :lol:

Oh forgot to ask - What windows are you running?

I think its malware but I may be put in my place by OH but atm I advise spybot search and destroy, its actually a good cleaner to have installed on your computer.
https://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-amp-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html?tag=mncol

Is it the frontpage or a specific page? every now and then we have to disable tickers from cetain sites because because they sometimes use cookies (which browers interpret as being dodgey).

If you paste me the URL I can check :)

Moving this to the help and testing forum (so it doesn't get buried in TTC).

I've had this as well, not on my laptop that I use downstairs but on the desktop PC upstairs. :shrug: That's my OH's computer and he's in IT so I always figured that he has his security settings higher than I have on my laptop?

I have BnB bookmarked, so the url that is used was www.babyandbump.com ... not sure if that is what you were asking about with "url"? :shy:

I just got a notice of a trojan on this thread: https://www.babyandbump.com/general-chatter/316284-new-smiley.html

The very first page. :shrug:

I can't recreate the error :? what browser are you using? the only time I've ever heard of this is when magicalkingdoms did something different to their tickers (so we had to stop them being used).

Try logging out and looking at the same page (tickers are disabled to guests), that will give me an idea of where to look.

It doesn't show up anymore...
I am using Firefox.
Could it be from an ad? There is a forum I frequent often that turned off all their ads because there was a bad rotation and some people got virus alerts from it? :shrug:

Could be. If it has stopped that's a good thing :) I know that some browsers block the site if your the security settings are set too high (but that is just because things like tickers and Google use third party cookies).

Will keep an eye on it. Let me know if you get any more errors.

Im using windows 7. Yes I do have a firewall. The hubby said there was somethin on our computer afterall like spyware or something and he took care of it. Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->