I keep cryyyiing!

divadexie

Reaction score
Lol! :cry:

At the most stooooopidest things too :wacko:

I blubbed at hollyoaks when gilly was watching his video of steph. I blubbed at a post on the pet forum about their old dog and their new dog and missing them etc.
I blubbed reading a website about rescue dogs!
I cried on friends when rachel had her baby ffs!

Ive just written a post on FB basically telling whoever wants to compare there baby to mine to F off and welled up writing it!

Does everyone get like this approaching LO's first birthday? I can't believe nearly a year ago we didn't even know if she was going to make it through the night, let alone weeks or months :cry: now Im crying again! :wacko: Lol

And what Ps me off even more is we're totaly skint and I wanted to buy LO loads of pressies :(

Want to give you a big hug :hugs: I cant comment on being emotional around 1st birthday as we are only at 7months however i can fully appreciate and understand the crying time at ANY stage. Especially around the year mark as loads of emotions that you thought you had forgotten come flooding back to bite you on the bum! Well thats what i imagine will happen to me anyways. I still have my days when i bubble at everything. I look at it, well, it's good to bubble at times. I think as long as you can pick yourself up from it too though eventually.

Aside from the emotions...Woohoo congratulations on celebrating your babies 1st Birthday!!! How fantastic is that! :thumbup: She wont know if you spent a million pounds or £10 so stop stressing over the presents. When i was little and my mum was skint she used to make me little handmade things that i love and still have to this day. Create happy special memories. They will mean so much more than a toy or piece of clothing that she'll grow out of. :winkwink:

Coming up to the first year is hard because there is so much "this time last year" thoughts. For me I found it weird as I always think of Holly by her corrected age so it didn't really feel like it was her first birthday.

Try not to get upset about loads of presents because it's usually the cheapest things they like anyway. Holly loves balls so I bought her 100 balls for £5 in tesco and have them in her playpen and she loves it.

I remember reading about Anna not long after we had Holly home. Hard to believe it's nearly a year ago!

I completely understand... my little guy`s first birthday is coming up (Whoah already?!) and I still get overly emotional over the most random events. I think it`s just our systems finally letting go of some of the `steam`from living such a tragic event. I think we live on automatic the first few months, then we throw ourselves into the daily care of our little miracles. It`s only a few months later that we finally catch our breaths a bit and realize that - whoah, this insanely stressful, wrenching, emotional event is finally in the past and we slowly let ourselves express the pain from it

:hugs:

We're pretty far from LO's first birthday, but I've been overly-emotional ever since he's been born. I never used to cry watching movies, and now I do. :haha:

Hey,

Im just the same, Its harry's birthday in 3 weeks and 1 one and im all over the place (doesnt help with yesterday being connor's birthday).

I think that back to this time last year and they told me i wouldnt take a baby home, told me he would arrive to early!! To be compelety honest and i hope none of you hate me by this (i hate myself enought), this time last year i didnt want Harry :( I know, im a bitch!!

Anyway, back to present, dont worry about not being able to afford loads, everyone will buy her bits and lets be fair, she will want to play with the wrapping paper more then the toys!

One of the 'presents we are buying harry is wooden spoons!! He loves them!!!! xx

Hey,

Im just the same, Its harry's birthday in 3 weeks and 1 one and im all over the place (doesnt help with yesterday being connor's birthday).

I think that back to this time last year and they told me i wouldnt take a baby home, told me he would arrive to early!! To be compelety honest and i hope none of you hate me by this (i hate myself enought), this time last year i didnt want Harry :( I know, im a bitch!!

Anyway, back to present, dont worry about not being able to afford loads, everyone will buy her bits and lets be fair, she will want to play with the wrapping paper more then the toys!

One of the 'presents we are buying harry is wooden spoons!! He loves them!!!! xx

Nobody will think your a bitch. What you went through is one of the worst things that any mum can go through so it's natural your feelings were all over the place. I still struggle when I think back to the day when I was 21 weeks exactly and they said I was going to lose my girls even though I went on to carry them to 25 weeks so when you found out you had lost one of your boys it would have been devastating. Try not to be hard on yourself. Xx

Bob2331 - I have just looked at your signature and Harry was born on my due date so when your celebrating his first birthday we will be celebrating holly's one year corrected birthday :flower:

I was exactly like this too - I have felt it's got easier now Sophie's birthday is past. We don't have much money either and got most of her presents from Home Bargains so they were really cheap, and a few books from the pound shop and she loves them! We just made sure she had a really special day with all her family around her, balloons, lots of photos, I made her a special cake and we had a really lovely day even though we couldn't afford to buy her loads of presents. xxxx

We are going to have a fancy dress birthday partyyy :D :D :D

am loving the idea of a fancy dress party, that sounds fab, what are you gonna dress anna up as???? xx

they have some fairy costumes in tk maxx, hope I have enough money.
its not like she needs anything much for her birthday, she has everything already!! lol
just going to get her some noisy toys cause she loves them, especially ones with lights on! heheh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->