I kind of suck at remembering tummy time

cskme_

Reaction score
My dd is only 5 weeks old and I keep forgetting tummy time! Now I feel guilty because when I do put her on her tummy she doesn't even try to lift her head, she just keeps her head to the side and gets fussy and squirms her lower body. I'm hoping she will learn to lift her head soon, I read somewhere online that she should be able to lift her head by one month, but she still doesn't even really try. Can anyone relate to this?

My babies hated tummy time. I don't think it is lack of tummy time that causes a problem. I did barely any with my son and he was very advanced for his age.
It also counts as tummy time if they are lying down on your chest or you're wearing them in a wrap/carrier :)

I never bothered too much with tummy time, my kids are fine. Thomas was rolling at 13 weeks, crawling and pulling to stand at 6 months and off walking by 11 months. Sophie was much slower but still walked by 11 months too and she's normal as anyone else!

My girls actually love being on their tummies. But like pp said, being on your chest counts which most babies love x

Ive read a study that they dont actually need it. Its a very westernised thing. Holding baby in a sling or shoulder all helps. Dont worry x

Neither of mine liked being on the floor on their tummies but I did baby wear them in a carrier which counted both of mine are just fine in fact Izzy started walking at 10 months :thumbup:
Try not to worry about it plus your baby is still so ickle at 5 weeks :hugs:

I agree with the other ladies. You don't have to worry about tummy time. I was reading it was started because many parents had their babies lying on their backs quite a lot.. In the bed or carseat, swing or floor so they encouraged parents to do tummy time to get time off their backs. I don't know if it's true but makes sense. So yes.... Carrier or on your chest both great things you can do with baby. And try to relax. Babies all develop at different rates. :)

Okay good. She's on my chest all the time on her tummy

I forget all the tom end time too. My daughter hates it so we only manage a few minutes a day x

Tummy time doesn't have to mean stick them on the floor on their bellies. We have lots of skin to skin and my daughter will be on her tummy for that, she also sleeps on her front so lifts her head when she's waking up (really funny when her little head's bobbing up and down trying to find a boob :haha:). It helps her get her wind out too so that she's slightly less colicky in the evenings - double win :D the snuggles with her on your belly will be enough <3

It depends on the baby, your lo might not like tummy time much, but its not the only time they practice lifting their heads, its not a massive deal, dd has hardly has any tummy time as her brother is 14 months old and a bit over loving lol but she cuddles us and lifts her head.... or sits on our lap and holds her head up. Don't feel guilty xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->