I know it's likely all down to low sperm count, but I can't help but wonder...

Pink.Rose

Reaction score
So for those who don't know my story, I am currently on cycle 14, and 8 dpo today. My husband had a vasectomy reversal in October of 2021, however, he's active duty and went TDY just 3 weeks later. He returned in early February (this was last year) just a couple days before I was due to ovulate. So we have officially been trying ever since.

The reversal happened 7 years after the initial surgery. He was due to go in for a semen analysis that January, but of course he wasn't able to. Once he returned he kept putting it off. I believe it was partly because of the awkwardness and partly because he just didn't want to hear the possibility of something being "wrong" with him. Because he kept trying to tell me I could be the one with the issue.. that maybe I have a hormone imbalance or something. I have no reason to believe thats the case, but I'll come back to that.

Well, after several months, I finally got fed up that he wasn't getting it done, so I ended up buying an at home test in December, one that uses AI basically to give you your results and even gives you a live recording of the sperm. I mainly wanted to know if I was getting my hopes up for nothing, because up to that point, we had no idea if the reversal was even successful or not. It's of course no replacement for having an actual, qualified person evaluate the sample, but at least we finally have an idea of what we are working with.

The results came back with a score of 20 out of 90 on their scale, which indicates a low count. We don't have the exact numbers, but from watching the video, I can see he does have a small amount of healthy looking, normal moving sperm (as far as I can tell anyway), but most appear to be either non moving, swimming in place, or swimming in circles basically. So motility and quality aren't looking great either.

With all this in mind, it certainly explains why we've had such a difficult time conceiving this time around, and there's no reason for me to believe there's any major issues on my end. Infact, I had a well woman check up just after my husband's resersal and it went well. We've had 3 kids together before he got snipped, and my cycles are pretty regular.

My emotions are all over the place these days though and every passing day it just gets harder to hold out hope..but still, I can't help but wonder sometimes, IS there something wrong on my end too? Or is there anything I could do, watch out for, or address on my end that would help? Honestly it's probably just all in my head, I think it's just gotten to me.

I strongly believe that everything happens how and when it's meant to. I don't always understand why in the moment, but looking back I can see how everything has paved the way for where we are today, and even though we haven't concieved this time around yet, we've been very blessed and lucky with having been able to try all these cycles with as often as he flies out for missions, we somehow haven't missed an ovulation/fertile window yet. I just hope we do finally concieve before he eventually deploys or something..

I actually just purchased some male fertility supplements on Amazon. The hard part will be getting him to actually take them. He's very much been relaxed over this whole process, telling me to just let it happen naturally, (he doesn't even want to consider IUI for at least another year) but I on the other hand feel like I need to have control over something before I completely lose my mind!

Why does this have to be so hard

Hello,
Just wanted to say Good luck with this process, maybe you can use some fertility safe lube during intercourse to help his swimmers make it :), I do understand how hard and frustrating it is to not have your husband completely on board willing to do whatever it takes, my husband is very similar sorry I dont Have much advice but am here to listen ❤️ I am in a similar situation myself except I had a tubal and am considering Ivf but haven’t met anyone yet who has gone through this for advice. But we have 3 children also 13,8, youngest is 7

We have been using conceive plus lube, but I'm not sure it's making much difference. I'm on cycle 15 now unfortunately. I also took guaifenesin this past cycle too..

He has been taking his supplement each day since I bought it, but I have to remind him. Still, I'm glad he's taking it for me because he never takes any meds willingly and this one's a "horse pill" (just a big pill) haha. Hopefully that will help too, but it says it could take up to 3 months...

I'll be trying the menstrual cup method this month though. I figure it can't hurt to try!

Good luck keep updating I will be watching and praying for success!! :)

Wishing you so much luck hon. My husband is the same when it comes to tablets. I’ve tried to get him to take stuff but he won’t.
Hoping as we only had a baby 18 months again and I’ve fallen pregnant 3 times in 13 cycles trying . So I’m hoping his little men are good still.
I can’t imagine how hard it must be to try so so long and never get a hint of a BFP. I know how I felt going 8 cycles with BFN after my miscarriage last June. And that was hard enough.
Now I’ve had that 3rd loss it has given me a glimmer of hope that we will catch again.
Just pray if we do it will stick and be healthy.
I’m already gearing myself up for a 4th loss as I had 4 chemicals in 2020 b4 I fell with my son.
Can’t believe I’m going through recurring pregnancy loss again this time around. But I’m praying there will be no more losses now and I fall again quickly with my rainbow baby.
Praying for you to my love.

I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time getting baby to stick. I can only imagine how heart breaking that is to expirience once let alone multiple times. I how you get that healthy sticky baby soon!

Hey, have you tried a menstrual cup yet?

I did baby aspirin and MC when I fell pregnant with my first! Good luck, I feel extra invested and rooting for you!!

See I was only told to take baby aspirin from the moment I see a BFP. Even a faint one. Was told it’s a blood thinner so can thin uterus lining, so shouldn’t be taken b4 implantation.

so confused about it all tbh

See I was only told to take baby aspirin from the moment I see a BFP. Even a faint one. Was told it’s a blood thinner so can thin uterus lining, so shouldn’t be taken b4 implantation.

so confused about it all tbh

I've always heard it helps with implantation.. hmm.

Gosh it’s all so confusing isn’t it.
Last time I tried it through my whole cycle I had a chemical.
But I May of just had that chemical even if I wasn’t taking it.
Mite see how I get on this cycle. Thinking of starting it at 8dpo like last cycle and maybe I May continue to take it to see if it helps.
Just worried about having more losses.

I was actually told
By a few women on here that had ivf not to take it until BFP because it’s a blood thinnner so can thin the lining.

but now i here mixed things.
Hoping I catch with my rainbow this cycle but not feeling overly hopeful.

Sod it.
I’m starting the baby asprin now.
I have loads of it anyway so thought it’s worth a try.
Im still a good week or more away from ovulation.
Just hope it helps me get my sticky.
If I continue to have more losses then I will stop the aspirin and only take it from BFP.
But did read online taking to can help prevent miscarriage so hoping it will help me get a sticky when and if I fall again[-o<

I’m also taking
Galatanised maca root
Methyl folate
Ubiniquol coq10
Vitamin D
B vitamins complex
And now baby aspirin 75mg.

fx fx fx we catch this cycle and all this helps it to be healthy and sticky [-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->