I literally can't stop eating help!!!!!

taylorttc

Reaction score
27 weeks second baby.
I literally am struggling so so much with eating and my eating habits.
I'm trying to make some changes but I'm really finding it so hard.

By time OH gets in from work I'm exhausted from looking after little lady all day and the heat isn't helping and I'm not sleeping well at the moment constantly shattered BUT I feel massively fat and flabby and disgusting.

It's not so much how much I eat but what I eat.
So I'm eating a lot of greasy fatty foods, mainly dominos which I'm craving and the likes of KFC McDonald's but it's crisps and biscuits in between (and battenburg by the bar).

I dread the thought of giving birth to a huge baby lol. I feel like eating all this crap is going to make me have a 10lber, I'm not so bothered about me I can deal with the weight gain once he's born but I don't want to be neglecting him and making him huge.

It's just so hard I'm struggling. Especially since I'm craving dominos and feel like my body literally needs it.
Ugh.

Any nice words ?

My friend whos a midwife said to me to watch my sugar as that makes big babies.. and yep i've had a previous 10lb baby so I'm really watching what i eat this time.. luckily I'm half as hungry as I was with ds2 so far but I'm still paranoid!
Try and fill up on salad and fruit and make sure your three meals a day are substantial?!

I hear ya! This was me in my first trimester, believe it or not!!!! It was awful and I couldn't stop eating mac and cheese and chocolate and Cheez-its. But I found a way around some of these cravings though I do get them still:

I found that I needed to do the following:
-plan everything. That includes snacks. Plan for the week. And eat frequent, easy to grab and go foods. For example: breakfast is homemade oatmeal with sliced apples, almonds, touch of cinnamon, and maple syrup. Snack is at 10 which is a cheese stick with some dark chocolate cocoa powder covered almonds. Lunch is a premade salad (from a bag usually as I don't have time to chop tons of veges), and a banana, snack at 4pm which is usually a Greek yogurt, low sugar (I find the brands from Iceland particularly yummy), and dinner is usually whatever DH cooks me (he gets home first). But he's usually good about making something like fish and asparagus.

Now... I TOTALLY cheat. I have a 'snack drawer' at work that usually has a sweet in there.

-don't allow yourself to get 'hungry'. When your stomach is empty but you aren't yet hungry... perfect time for a snack.

-don't buy unhealthy foods at the store when you shop. If it's not in your house it's hard to eat.

-finally, I remind myself of a research article I read not too long ago. The gist of it was that women who eat fatty, sugary, unhealthy foods are setting their unborn babies up for dietary failure during life. Babies exposed to all these foods in utero literally become addicted to these foods and they end up having increased risk for health problems, like diabetes, heart disease, and obesity because they will automatically choose these unhealthy foods vs healthy foods. Now, I'm not saying this to make you feel bad in any way. I mention this because it helped ME overcome some of my bad eating by reminding myself there will be plenty of time in my life to eat horribly, but right now is not one of them for the sake of my child's health in life.

If sugar makes big babies then that explains why I'm only 22 weeks and already feeling the baby near my ribcage :shock:

Unfortunately I also genetically make big babies. I was a big 9 lb baby myself and DD1 was also born 9 lbs at 2 days before her due date. My DS was born almost 8 lbs at only 37 weeks! So I'm a bit nervous by this as well, yet all I crave is junk food. It also doesn't help that with three kids I have a hard time finding time for myself and eating healthy. Most of my meals are on the go.

Sometimes women think they are hungry when in fact they are actually thirsty. The brain sends out the same signals for both things. Maybe try upping your water intake and see if that doesn't help the greasy food cravings?

I'm sorry, but when I'm pregnant, I just go with it. I eat healthy as much as I can, but if I'm going crazy over a craving, I will give in to it. Yes, my OH has gone out at 5 am to get me a bagel because I needed it right now! Yes, I did eat McDonald's french fries for lunch and dinner for almost an entire month of a pregnancy, with my OH forcing apples, eggs, and salads down my throat any time I said I was starting to feel hungry in between. HAha That resulted in my healthiest child, too. I'm not sure how. ;)

Thank you ladies. I think I just need to learn how to say no sometimes because OH is very generous and offers to get me anything I say I fancy whilst I'm pregnant bless him.
I think I've gained a fair amount of weight too, but I can deal with that once baby is here I just hope he is healthy and I'm not causing any harm by eating crap constantly.
Thank you loves x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->