I LOVED being a mom today when...

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Elyse was crying and all it took was her mommy to hold her to make her calm down, she was asleep in my arms within only a couple minutes :cloud9:

I'm up and down depending on the day but overall I was having a hard time with this mommy thing and I was feeling like Elyse didn't like me and all those sorts of thoughts. So.. it's safe to say this is the first time I actually felt like I loved being a mom! :mrgreen:

In some books I've read, they say babies don't know their moms until they're months old.. but then others say babies know their mothers right away. What are your thoughts ladies?

I think babies know their mothers right away :)

:hugs: Glad you are feeling more positive

I TOTALLY know that feeling hun! I am soo up and down with feelings everyday, especially the days that NOTHING calms LeeAnne down! What drives me nuts is when my inlaws come to visit and LeeAnne is just screaming and I say maybe she just needs me to hold her, their reply "no thats not it, she doesnt care who holds her" and yet as soon as they give her to me shes calm and asleep! Drives me nuts!!!

I don't really know about the whole they know their moms or not..sometimes I think they just want someone to feed them, change them and cuddle them...I think I would feel differently if I was BF..for some reason I feel like LeeAnne would KNOW its me if she was taking my boob..I don't know why I feel that way..maybe because anyone and everyone helps out with her feedings when they are around..but then there are the days where she is fast asleep on my chest and I sit there and think "yup she KNOWS its me!"

:hugs: :cloud9:

I believe they know their mom right away! At least Alexa did-I spoke and sang to Alexa while I was pregnant. The bond with Alexa after birth, was instant for me!

It wasn't instant for me unfortunately.

I'm sure Claire knew who I was... I mean of course she'd recongnize my voice and whatnot as she had heard it for as long as she was alive. My OH stayed home with me for 3 weeks (as I mentioned in a previous thread of yours) and literally he did everything aside from feeding her. I basically fed Claire and slept, he burped her, changed her, walked with her, comforted her.

She totally was more intune with him than with me when it was time for OH to go back to work. But it did come! The day my girl looked at me and smiled was the day that everything was worth it for me. It's amazing how that look of "Wow... you're amazing!" can totally melt your heart and your soul.

:hugs:

awww i remember that so well, being the only person to settle maddi the first time :cloud9: wonderful! i too think they no there mum straight away.

when maddi was born our bond and love was instant, though i used to feel like i was a terrible mum, i was in a bit of shock my my emergency c-section, and used to get so anxious, i still feel anxious now, and question if i am actually a good mummy, but i no i am because of maddi, just like you no because of elyse, hope that makes sense :hugs: x

I'd like to think Holly knows who her mummy is but i think it maybe that she nos that where the milk comes from!! Pink mac i no what u mean about inlaws, mine fight over who gets to hold her for longest and when i ask if i can have her back (if she seems upset) I just get told i have her all the time!! Well duh she is my daughter!! Sorry rant over!!

I think a baby knows and trusts its mother. It might take us a while to recognise it given all the stuff through and after the pregnancy but it is there and a baby will turn to its mother first.

I love having the only mummy can settle me down time :) She also only wants me when she's feeling sick.

My LO also knows me enough to ignore me when I'm talking to her :) LOL! She's only 6.5 months... I'm in for it....She looks at me and will raise one eyebrow - drives me crazy and then she waits a few seconds and grins. Heart melts...

Panda_Ally - you actually ask to have her back? LOL - I learned quick to just take her back when she was getting fussy with others. :)

I hate to have her upset and she's really good with others but sometimes I can just tell she's had enough and she wants mum :)

:cloud9:

Thats too sweet! I'm pretty sure Lola knew from the very start I'm her mommy, it's such a wonderful feeling to see them recognize you and respond to you....

I think they know!
Atleast my little guy does! Or he acts like he does!
But I still have moments where I get really frustrated - mostly with bf'ing, but it is great just having to do that one little thing and they're totally calm! :)

BTW I can totally relate to people fighting over holding Elyse now, lol. Her dad doesn't live with us so he hogs her whenever he's around and gets mad at me if I take her. And His mom hogs her, and so does my sister.. and they never give her back immediately when I ask :dohh:

And they ALWAYS say.. "you get her all the time!".. but my mom & sister usually hog her when she's happy/content at home, so sure, I get her all the time when she's fussy or needs a diaper change or a bottle or a burp, lol.

Newborns know familiarity, not "mom"... They take comfort in familier sounds, touches, smells and the way they are held. After a few months they begin to actually recognize people. Since mom is the one who does most from birth, mom is the one who they take comfort in when they are upset.

Newborns know familiarity, not "mom"... They take comfort in familier sounds, touches, smells and the way they are held. After a few months they begin to actually recognize people. Since mom is the one who does most from birth, mom is the one who they take comfort in when they are upset.

So true. Well said!

:cloud9:I LOVE that feeling when Becky knows its me!!! When she was a week old the in laws came to visit... After a while Becky was getting agitated, I left her for about 5 mins and they were making her worse... I said I want her now...3 mins later she was asleep in my arms!!! I could almost feel her relax when I held her:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->