I`m not sure....need some advice.

koselka

Reaction score
Hi there,
I need some advice. I have a little girl, Eleanor, she will be 4 in January and right now is going through a stealing phase, we have tried all sorts to stop this...to no avail. She is full of energy...and I wonder if she has ADHD - the stealing, the energy, she fights and lashes out when she doesn`t get her own way - I know this is normal to an extent....I have 2 other daughters...Eleanor is the middle one. Her elder sister never behaved like this..she stole a few times. But not like Eleanor.
Yesterday Eleanor ate 6 bananas...I pray to god she doesn`t have ADHD - but I studied it at A level and I have read things online that make me think she does...she always interrupts, hates it when I use the phone and demands attention...but on the other hand she can follow some instructions - get your shoes, get herself dressed and undressed, she was potty trained age 3 in 3 days...but then she fidgits a lot, she`ll curl up with me and watch in the night garden and she can do jigsaws for hours. I am in two minds...either way I`m at my wits end with the stealing :( she knows its wrong, but can`t seem to help herself. She has 3 meals and snacks..and can always ask for more. It takes her a while sometimes to understand instructions..

She also has speech therapy and can sit and listen there for 15-20 mins...

What do you think?

I don't know what could be causing her behaviour, but ADHD might be a factor. I would ask her school for their advice and for a possible assessment. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->