I may be crazy but I will ask anyway- VBAC? UPDATE 36 1/2 wks almost there

I was disappointed and depressed for months. I even felt resentment towards my son for a while, almost as if I hated him. That only made the depression worse because then I felt like a bad mom. All through my pregnancy I swore anything could happen to me, I just didn't want a csection. People think csections are better and easier on the mom, but recovery takes longer and the emotional effect it can have is devestating to some. I'm finally able to accept that it happened, but I will never forget how horrible my first child's birth went and for that I will always feel bad.

I am hoping for a VBAC. I just found out a week ago I'm pregnant again so I made sure right off that the hospital in my town allows vbacs and they do so I'm very excited! The reason I was induced was because my water broke 9 days before due date at 4am and when I got to the hospital around 7am I wasn't having contractions. They let me go another hour or two but still no contractions or dialating so they induced me.

OMG!!! are you serious!!! They didnt give you any chance- My water broke with my first c section and they let me labor but they started the pitocin after an hour- didnt even give my body a chance to naturally progress. I am so happy that you found a hospital that supports it!!! Its very difficult you know. :hugs: Congratulations to you- Im actually on the NTNP forum with you in another thread for novenmer NTNP ;) - I thought that was awesome! It looks like we can be great support to each other in this process- : D when will you start looking for a Dr in your area?

I'm actually planning on using the same doctor since my only other option is going way out of town. I liked her with my first pregnancy, it was the nurses at the hospital that rushed me onto the pitocin. I will flat out refuse this time. Until it comes down to the point where my or my child's life is in danger I will not be induced or have another csection.

I'm a young mom and it seemed like we had an epidemic of teen pregnancy in my area last year because at least ten young girls were due before me. They all told me to get the epidural because I will definitely need it and that the pain is terrible. I was determined to do it all natural the way women did it before epidurals. I labored on the highest level of pitocin for 12 hours with no pain meds before the hospital gave up on me. I bawled the whole way to the OR. I wanted so bad to go natural and feel my baby coming out of me. I feel betrayed by the hospital for pushing me to use medication to induce.

Yeah - I would refuse the pitocin too- especially when it comes to a VBAC- you just have to remain in control of everything- its your body- andits just not with birth - its overall- its your body. The Dr that I decided to use made a good point he said anything else in medicine a patient has the right to a choice- refusal to get blood for example even if it risks their life- they have the right to refuse - but when it comes to birth they refuse to let women have a say so, he believes in a woman's right. A woman's choice to have her birth the way she wants it. And when you are young its so easy to say epidural- i was a young mom - a teen mom and ALL of my pregnancies that I gave birth vaginally- I had an epidural- my last vaginal birth I had an epidural before the pain even set in lol- that's birthing with fear- we dont know our bodies that young or what we are able to do- but keep your self informed and stay healthy during your pregancy - excercise and even try Yoga - that would benefit you big time!!!! Trust - I plan on doing it as soon as I get my BFP. Rasberry leaf tea during the last trimester is supposed to be a good benefit to strengthing your uterine tone and helps with having productive contractions which is what you want. check out this blog too called birth without fear- its awesome!!!

Its unreal that I started this journey last year no BFP no nothing and here I am about to give birth anyday. :) SO- just an update- im 36 1/2 weeks now and def approved to TOLC for a VBA3C. Just did my authorization papers today for the hospital.. I have been trying to remember to take my red raspberry leaf tea - but not the greatest at remembering... Baby is really low now and really just the waiting game. I hope that this is successful for my own personal reasons and so It can be an encouragement to other women who were not given choices. xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->