I may be crazy...buuut

PinkPokaDots

Reaction score
So my husband and I both feel that it's easier on us financially to buy bigger baby items a little at a time...all throughout the pregnacy. If we end up losing this one we will just try again and eventually give birth to a baby! Sooo....we are already buying the occasional bigger items in nuetral colors, and my car seat just came in!!! It's a very very cool car seat, because it is steel enforced, so normally a rear facing seat should not touch the front seats, but this one is designed very tall and is designed to be able to brace against your front seats. It is tall so that I canrear face my child well past the age of two (which I plan to do), it is so much safer for their little spines if we get in an accident. But it's a convertible seat, so it will rear face from 5-50lbs, front face from 20-80lbs, and converts into a booster up to 120lbs. So cool!! Can't wait to install it just for a looksie, then I'll take it back out for 7 more months haha
(UPDATE) this car seat has a 10 year expiration date, so it's ok! It won't run out before this baby is too big to sit in one anymore

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 44
From the side, so you can see how reclined/ tall it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 23
I have the Diono Rainier and loooove it! I didn't get it until daughter was one though as I wanted to use and infant seat til then, but I love my Diono. And yes, it's all steel (not just steel reinforced) that's why it's so darn heavy! I also like that it can be tethered rear facing to help with rebound in an accident. Love the seat and so does daughter. :)

Um, YEAH! that is a solid seat. I had the Diono Radian RXT when DS was small. It was in an accident and I did replace it with something else, but the Diono Ranier is on my short list for the new bubs. I am all about going straight to the convertible.

I decided to go with the Britax Boulevard ClickTight over the Ranier, but it was a very close second. I do not anticipate DS going over 40lbs before he is five, so that was one factor. And if DD (unborn) ends up needing a new seat between 3 and 5, well we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Really it was the ease of install with a seat belt that got me. That and my car has no 3 across seats, just captains chairs, so narrowness is not a thing for me.

I also think that they are great carseats. I do want to make sure that you are aware. Most often parents use the infant carrier seats because the babies are so young and it is very heard to get them in and out of the car in the bigger seats. If you go to the mall or grocery store for example, you can bring in the infant carrier seat but these you will need to carry the baby. These seats become wonderful when the child is older, maybe a year. Since there is an expiry date on the seats it may not be in your best interest to put the money out this early.

I just wanted you to be aware incase it changes your mind.

I used the Diono with DS from about 1 month, I would have used it earlier but he came home from the hospital under 5lbs so the Diono was 5lbs and up.

I did not miss having an infant seat. They are heavy on their own and keep babies in a weird position for a while. I used a carrier or a wrap :) Also I made sure my stroller was suitable from birth.

I actually stronger dislike the infant carrier seats that snap in and out of the car. So I would never ever buy one. I don't trust their safety, and I am much to small of a person to carry that big heavy, bulky seat around. I'll just use a Moby wrap instead. So yes, I want a full convertible car seat. And seeing as I'm pregnant now, this seat doesn't expire for 10 years, so I'm pretty sure we will get our money's worth. Maybe even be able to use it for our second kid. Can't wait till hubby gets home so we can install it, see how it looks, then take it back out haha

I actually stronger dislike the infant carrier seats that snap in and out of the car. So I would never ever buy one. I don't trust their safety, and I am much to small of a person to carry that big heavy, bulky seat around. I'll just use a Moby wrap instead. So yes, I want a full convertible car seat. And seeing as I'm pregnant now, this seat doesn't expire for 10 years, so I'm pretty sure we will get our money's worth. Maybe even be able to use it for our second kid. Can't wait till hubby gets home so we can install it, see how it looks, then take it back out haha

Me too! When I had to use a bucket seat as DS was under 5lbs, I hated the way it fit or felt. The Diono just felt a lot safer.

Cute!!! Not crazy at all. Like you said, you're having a baby end of story. :)

I was leaning towards the Chicco Cortina Travel system. I was touching it in store and it just seemed so comfy and chic. I fell in instalove.

Wow! Look at that fancy seat lol :) I agree with buying items throughout the pregnancy, DH and I are slowly doing it so that it will be easier on us than buying all of the big items at the end. We also want to re carpet our house around the time the baby is born so that will be a few thousand dollars in expenses there, so I don't want thousands of dollars worth of baby items looming over us at the same time!

I can totally understand wanting to space out large purchases but the car seat is the one thing I would have bought as close to due date as possible because of their expiration dates.

That being said, we got a Diono XTSL for my son and it's still holding up great! He rear-faced in it until he was 4. :)

Well the car seat has a 10 year expiration date, so I'll be good, maybe even be able to use it for my second kid

Raise your hand if you were unaware car seats had expiration dates :dance:

Car seat looks cool

I agree about buying stuff. We already have playmat/swing/bouncer, all newborn clothes, most 0-3 clothes (waiting for gender to get the rest), cellular blankets, maternity/nursing bras, bibs, burp cloths and the changing mat!

I have this and LOVE it!!!!! It's a really wonderful seat! And I'll be getting one for my newest addition! It's the only one you'll ever need. It's also super safe and rear faces for such a long time!

I agree with buying things as you go! As soon as I get my 12 week scan and actually have it confirmed that there is a baby in here then I'm going shopping! Love the car seat btw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->