i may have pre-eclampsia???

I went to see my mw at 26+1 - had swollen ankles and hands, protein in my water and raised bp (138 / 80 compared to booking of 110 / 65). She refered me to GP who sent me to labour ward. Saw consultant who said he didn't even need to do blood test - bp was because I had a cold, swollen ankles normal in pregnancy and protein a secondary infection(turned out he was right - nothing a bit of cream didn't sort!). Lesson I learnt - even when things REALLY don't look good, try not to worry! I am now 29+5 and have had no more problems.

just letting u know everything seems ok! i feel healthy enough even tho my BP is stil high - theres nothing else really wrong with me, gotta go back again to hospital on monday!
if im ill over weekend they sed just to call maternity triage :thumbup:

i knew this pregnancy was going too well lol! i have a feeling somethings going to go wrong in the next 6 weeks :cry: xx

glad you are feeling a bit better now, and think positive - the next 6 weeks are gonna be fab x

Glad everything was okay today :) Hope everything stays well xx

Glad everything is OK :hugs:

Try not to worry...you need to keep that BP down!! xx

thanks girlies!! these 6 weeks cant go fast enough!!! we have a feeling she may be coming early so im definately getting my bags packed this weekend! orddered changing bag last night lol!

ive been in hospital too many times these past 2 weeks and im not prepared lol!

xxx

Glad you're feeling better. My BP jumped at 36 weeks with no other symptoms, it's now stabilised at the higher level (about 115/80 so still safe) so maybe it just does get higher the further on we get anyway??

Happy bag packing, I did mine a few weeks ago but keep wanting to change what I've packed. It's nice to know it's all there if you need it though.

thanks chick :) weird isnt it! mines about 140/90 when normally its 126/85 or sumthing! means nothing to me lol

im gona get it done this weekend, im looking forward to it lol!
off to peacocks after work to get 2 nighties to pack :) xx

My blood pressure has been jumping alot recently too. Probably going to stop in at Boots or somewhere tomorrow just to get it checked again since I've been feeling bad.

*hugs* at least your hospital/maternity staff look like they're staying on top of things! Hope everything else stays smooth for you!

hi guys, ive become a bit of a bp 'expert' over the last few days:dohh:
apparently, they look at yr booking in measurement ( mine was already on the high side at 130/83 ) and then if it is up 20 points above that , lower figure more important than top, then they will take some action.
just to give you an idea, mine at the beginnig of this week, rocketed to 165/112 :cry: which was a case of 'get to hospital now, do not drive yourself and do not hang about!'
I also learnt, not to panic anyone, that your bp rises just before labour starts! In fact by the time i got to hospital i was getting contractions every 4 -5 mins, after a couple of hours they stopped thankfully as i was 35 weeks.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->