I need a Dummies Guide to Cloth Nappies please!

mrsraggle

Wifey & Mummy
Reaction score
I've started to turn my mind to nappies and want to use cloth nappies for our littlebug. I have disposables in for the first couple of weeks.

I'd like to use all in ones.

With that in mind, how many do I need??
How do you get the poo off before you wash them?? (I did say I was a dummie!)
What brands are best??

Thanks in advance!

I've started to turn my mind to nappies and want to use cloth nappies for our littlebug. I have disposables in for the first couple of weeks.

With that in mind, how many do I need?? it depends how often you wanna wash hun, i would say between 10-15 will see you through a day or two, depending on when you switch i have around 40-50 :blush: nappies and i wash every two-three days (i havent run out by this point this routine just works well for us!) it also depends on how you plan to dry them - AIO (all in ones) tend to take longer to dry so if you plan on air dryin on an airer it can take a couple of days depending on the material
How do you get the poo off before you wash them?? (I did say I was a dummie!)lol you arent a dummy :) i personally use my shower on its fastest setting into the sink (with a good clean afterwards) this is our desegnated poo sink in the ensuite so i dont mind so much, tho we are gonna be getting new taps in the main bathroom(with an attached shower) so it can go down the loo as her poos will be firming up soon due to impending weaning!!!

at first you will probably get away with just giving them a flush or two down the loo - especially if you are BFing but you could also consider a diaper sprayer that you attach to the loo :)

What brands are best??unfortunately there are no best/ worst brands hun sorry !!LOL the best thing you can do is buy one or two of each brand you fancy and try them out as each brand has its own cut and will fit one bubs waaaay better than another iykwim? i would recommend buying preloved that way you wont spend a fortune and if you dont get on with them you can sell them on too:)

Thanks in advance!

HTH's a little hun:)

sara

xxxxxxxx

With that in mind, how many do I need??
How do you get the poo off before you wash them?? (I did say I was a dummie!)
What brands are best??

Thanks in advance!

How many...well I started off and bought a birth to potty set of 20, this would be adequate but Ive been bitten by a nappy bug and now have about 40. They are all different materials from quick drying (microterry which dries on a rack by the radiator overnight) to bamboo which takes a couple of days to get 100% dry if you put it on a rack so Im going them in the drier (yes, I have done trial washes on all my nappy selection and dried them various ways :blush:)

Getting the poo off...I am going to trial disposable (flushable) liners which, in theory, mean I can tip the liner and poo straight into the loo and then just put the nappy in the machine. If this doesnt work I will have a rethink and probably just go with having a "poo kit" next to the loo or using the shower to rinse quickly into the toilet (it reaches, Ive checked!). You can scrape off the poo into the toilet or use reusable liners that can be detached and cleaned separately in the loo/outside or whatever suits you before going in the machine

Brands....wellllllll....!! As with disposables different brands suit different babies but there are certain brands that have popped up as reccomended over and over again....I have invested in most of these brands and will give each a good trial. I also have some birth to potty sizes and some individual sizes, what I have learnt is that it can often be beneficial to have "small" size (usually 0-6 months) and then move into "birth to potty" size to reduce bulk etc. Some of the brands I have are Bumgenius, Itti Bitti, Motherease, FuzziBunz, OneLife, Blueberry and I have just ordered some Pop-Ins for night time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->