I need COFFEE!

justme00

Reaction score
Since I officially started TTC this month I decided to lower my caffiene in take. Instead of a cup of coffee a day I have started getting 1/2 caffiene coffee every other day and a decaf coffee on the days in between. It hasn't been too difficult but my desire for soda has been extremely high. I used to be a huge pepsi addict. I have now cut my pepsi in take down to one a week. Well right now I'm dyyyyyyyyyyyyying for a coffee. Yesterday I had my 1/2 shot of caffiene cup but oh well since AF is right around the corner I'm gonna have another cup today. Am I horrible? teehehehe. :wacko:

Nope, you're not horrible. I don't drink coffee but I am a Pepsi addict myself...but it down to 1-2 cans a day, and i think that's fine. Even when I am pg I'm sure I'll still be having 1 can most days...I think you can have up to 3 cups of coffee a day (small ones, not Extra-larges!). I just know that I am trying to cut back and if that means 1 a day most days, I'm ok with that.

I drank 10+ cups of coffee a day!

It was hard cutting down - I went to half caf and although yak I soon got use to it and can't have anything else now or thats yak I tried to drink tea inbetween and now I have one half caf in the morning and the rest of the day tea. I have never completely cut tea & coffee out just more sensible than i was before with my caffine intake.

hey girls

i dont know what to think about coffee and tea,
i havent had any since i got preggers, i read that it passes over to the baby but i do miss the odd cup of tea, not coffee so much
now i drink either hot choclate or diet soda

how bad is having a cup of tea or coffee every other, i heard u can do that but i still get that feeling if you can do without why not?

what u guys think?

I'm still drinking 1 cup a day & a couple of teas!

I really don't see the problem with having some. Not saying you should have a lot, but a little isn't that bad, IMHO. And if you're worried about the caffeine, have decaffeinated coffee or tea.

I need my tea, but with my other pregnancies, I kind of naturally went off tea and coffee. Actually i went off everything :dohh:

I read that drinking one cup of coffee a day while you are pregnant is fine.I always thought that drinking any caffine was bad while you were pregnant since my friend only drank Sprite, but not too long ago this pregnant lady was at my house and said she could drink pepsi all she wanted....(hmmm).

I wonder how sensitive you must be for it to really be counter active while trying to conceive?

I love my one cup in the mornings, but don't feel too bad because I barely drink the whole thing and add sugar and cream.
:coffee: mmmmmmm

luckily i dont drink coffee...but ive been having some tea. Tea isnt as strong as coffee in caffiene so guess its not that bad lol ??

has anyone TTC changed their diet since TTC ? In what way did you change it if you have ?

I'm a soda addict.. I still dont pay too much attention to how much I drink whenever I am eating something at the same time, but I try not to buy any to keep around the house. I usually drink chocolate milk because I get lots of milk with my WIC and otherwise it would never get drunk.

Twinings do some nice decaf teas like decaf Earl Grey. When you go to Starbucks and Costa Coffee, the decaf coffee tastes just as nice as the real thing (almost!).

I agree. I can't really tell that much of a difference. I do notice I'm more awake with the caffienated kind though! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->