I need double pram help!

emzilouu

Mummy and Pregnant!
Reaction score
Mummies with 2+ kiddies I need advice!! Im really struggling finding a double pram, we want one that can have a carrycot on and ISNT a tandem, so far weve looked at obaby zezu, bugaboo donkey, first wheels city twin and another I cant remember the name of. Bradley doesn't fit in the bugaboo or first wheels seats so its down to the obaby, BUT my question to you mummies is am I wasting my time buying a double? Bradley still naps in the day which is why I was a bit iffy about getting a single and a buggy board. im soooooo confused :(

everyone I know has ended up with a phil and teds, alot of friends had other ones and they all ended up with a P&T eventually... its not rear facing, but the carry cot does lay so far back you can see them all the time... and it fits them til they are quite large, my friends reception year oldest still fits in it along with her little brother...

I know you A good friend of mine swears by the city double. She bought it from ebay with the carry cot for £90 and said if it only lasted a few months she would have been happy. Over a year later she still uses it every day and says you will not find another double that folds as easy as this one.

x

Have you considered the mountain buggy duet?

My little ones will have a 15 month age gap and I'm heading in the direction of the Oyster Max... we had the Oyster for DS so I'm hoping just to buy the frame, seat and adapters as i already have a car seat and extra seat that I believe will fit - the Oyster Max has loads of combinations with a carrycot too. The only drawback at the moment is that they aren't readily available second hand but my sister gave me the Oyster so I saved first time round.

Hi it's so hard to decide what go do for the best without wasting money. I really wanted the donkey but as my son will be 27 months old when this one is born (his also big for his age) I just don't think I would get enough use out of it, also I wanted some thing in one piece so easy to get in & out of car. I currently have the bugaboo bee & was gonna try to keep my son in it for a few more months & carry baby in a mamas & papas morph. I do my best to get my son to walk as much as poss in preparation. I then was very lucky to be given a city jogger double in very good condition for free & find it ace. So light & easy to put up & down. I am gonna give both a go & see which works best. I guess everyone has different options as what is best but I guess it's a case of try & see xx

Mountain buggy duet is amazing - smallest side by side 63cm go over any ground. Only thing I'd say getting into car is heavy but that's only bad thing ......
I've had city mini double, maclaren techno double, maclaren triumph double and mountain buggy is amazing by comparison .....
Try them out

I too have the oyster max. I will have a 22month old and a baby but this pram is ideal. I drive do not sure how much use I will get out of it but for £400 including car seat I think its a bargain. If you want the carrycot it would be an extra 115 plus adapters.

My 22month old was too big for any other double this seat is really roomy xx

sorry not much help- but thought I would just give quick review on the phil n teds dot (which is tandem) we got this as we wanted one that worked really well as a single as my son who only 18 months likes to walk most places (and we have baby carriers for new baby). I love it - it so light weight super easy to use. Parker loves the fact he can climb in and out. We got the adapters to use it with a car seat, and got the cacoon for new one. it folds really quickly and small so fits in all the family's cars - so only need the one buggy. brilliant in town, on public transport and on rough terrain. - and got the whole lot for only £400 of ebay.

Have you looked at the Bugaboo Donkey? We wanted to buy a pram that would accommodate one or two children as I will be minding my niece 3 days a week when my daughter is six weeks old as my sister will be going back to work plus we want our kids close together so the likelihood is we will have a 15 month or so gap so made economical sense for us now to buy a convertible double as we have more free cash now then we will when we have a toddler running around and i'm pregnant again

I was really put off by the price at first but when I went to see it and tested it out I was sold on it. My other half is 6ft 2 and I am 5ft 1 so the adjustable handle is an attractive feature for us, the all terrain wheels are great as we live semi rural and we walk our dogs in the forest everyday plus it has masses of storage space even when used as a double. Plus it fits in the back of my ford focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->