I need help.....autism

Reid

mom of 1
Reaction score
Apologies if this gets long 😊

So I have the most gorgeous and amazing little boy he's 4 and in recent months has been diagnosed with autism which didn't come as a huge shock I had been expecting it. He's currently in a nursery that supports his needs amazingly well and he's really happy there. He is forming friendships (he's always been very happy in the company of others) and copes well with most things they do BUT things are constant in the house just now we can't take our eyes off him he has no understanding of danger what so ever which really worries me
He's developed a thing for trying to pull the TV off the wall he grabs under it amd trys to shake it I don't no how many times I've told him no as soon as I go to the toilet or kitchen he'll do it or the climbing on the kitchen worktops these are dangerous things that could get him hurt. He also likes jumping and running which I no is sensory related but we have a neighbour under us who has put in a noise complaint my OH stresses about this alot me i dont do stress it's not that I don't care I no it must be a nightmare living under us but I already feel like I'm constantly saying NO stop it get down or don't do that plus I refuse to walk on eggshells and I don't want him to think of his childhood of constantly being told no. Lucky for us he's a good sleeper he'll go down 830 9 and that's him till the next morning. I'd love to understand him better although his speech is coming in well he's still very delayed for his age.
I feel there's nowhere to go no one to advise or help how do I help him how do I educate myself on understanding him and helping him understand the world around him.
I hate putting all that down it sounds so negative cause he's amazing and we can have the best times together when he learns a new word he makes me so proud and he doesn't even no it. I always say to him at bedtime love you and last week he said it back and gave me a kiss he completely melted me
Any advice or shared experience with autism would be appreciated xx

Hey Reid
I would suggest trying to find a support point nearby. Does this link help? https://www.autism.org.uk/our-services/find-nas-services-in-your-area/local-services.aspx

I would also go back to whoever diagnosed him to see if they can point you in the right direction.

Hey Reid
I would suggest trying to find a support point nearby. Does this link help? https://www.autism.org.uk/our-services/find-nas-services-in-your-area/local-services.aspx

I would also go back to whoever diagnosed him to see if they can point you in the right direction.

I will have a look at the link in a sec. The team that diagnosed just handed me a few leaflets I did ask them alot of questions they told me they are only there to assess and diagnos xx

Hi reid. I have a friend who is not so far from you who Also has a child on the spectrum a 4 year old boy maybe I could put you guys in touch? Also there is a good group on facebook called Autism in scotland and it has loads of parents sharing there experiences. I know online is not always the best but i think its good being able to relate to other parents. I totally feel for my neighbours under me my two are always running and jumping around but its the joys you cannot expect kids to be calm all the time. x

I just recently joined a few autism pages on faceboook actually alot of the parents from kids at my wee boys nursery is on them which is nice. The noise complaint stuff is getting worse.... is you're friend in Scotland to then xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->