I need help :(

When I went to the doctor at about 8 weeks pregnant. He didnt confirm the pregnancy just booked me in with the midwife. My first midwife appointment was at 12 weeks where they went over family history and health problems. I then had a scan and blood tests at 13 weeks. The nhs dont offer early scans unless you have a specific problem.

I did all my own research about what not to eat etc... and got some folic acid from boots. Apart from antenatal classes which start at 30 weeks I havent learn anything from them. I learnt everything I know from this site really.

After my 13 week scan I didnt have another appointment until 22 weeks. Where I had another scan and an appointment with a consultant to discuss blood test results and scan results.

I then have to see my GP every two weeks starting 28 weeks for a check up. They test my urine and listen to babys heartbeat.

I went to the doctors, she asked if I was taking folic acid and said the test wasn't wrong? How did she know? :rofl: I was so worried I would get my scan and nothing was there. I saw my midwife at 10 weeks and had a scan at 12 weeks.

:)

Same thing happened to me. Got my scan at 14 weeks :\ Think its the norm babe. Try and remember the NHS is super busy at the mo wih all the bugs and flu X

I felt really in the dark at the beginning. If it wasnt for this place I dont know what I would do.

I did get a test at my drs and she asked me when my last period was and gave me a due date but that was it for 10 weeks til I got my mw appointment. The dr didn't even mention folic acid or anything.

I agree that this site is where I've got most of my info (or at least the beginnings of it, might have a google round if I read something I want to know about!)

x

that sounds the same as me, saw mw at 9 weeks and pregnancy wasnt confirmed until scan at 12 weeks

Did you make it clear how far along you are?

When I got my BFP, I had a private scan because I wasn't sure of my dates. Turned out I was 12 weeks, so I told my GP two days later.

The midwife and the clinic were fully booked, but they squeezed me in because of how far along I was. Only had to wait a few days to see the midwife, and I had a scan about 10 days later.

i saw my midwife at 7 weeks who took bloods and went through family history have got scan at 13 weeks i know it should be 12 weeks but my hospital is very busy at the mo.
i see my midwife again at 16 weeks with urine tests etc then every 4 weeks until later in pregnancy then it will be every 2 weeks
Most doctors dont test you again for pregnancy if you have done one already and its come up positive and you havent had a bleed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->