I NEED sleep!

bonbon

Mum to Seb born nov09
Reaction score
At this precise moment I envy ff mothers!

I am feeling poorly with a sore throat and my son has decided to feed from 6-8, 9-12.20, & now again @ 2! Please let this b the last feed for a few hours as I am beginning to loose sight of the benefits if bfing!!

I NEED sleep!!!

Remember FF mothers have to wash bottles and boil water and sterilize stuff in addition to feeding their little ones expensive formula. BF mothers just offer a boob and it's over and done with. All natural. Way easier! Dont worry. It gets better with time.

Dear BonBon
You are doing a FAB job! An amazing, brilliant, wonderful job..... You are mothering your son so well!
There's a great set of resources here on sleep: https://www.askdrsears.com/html/7/T070100.asp but it might be better just to work on the principle that if you're not feeding, you sleep, all day if necessary!

Mel

Remember FF mothers have to wash bottles and boil water and sterilize stuff in addition to feeding their little ones expensive formula. BF mothers just offer a boob and it's over and done with. All natural. Way easier! Dont worry. It gets better with time.
oh can do that lol
seriousally i was thinking the same as you last week but for the last couple of days she has slept at night feeding at 11, 3. unfortunatly my body clock hasnt adjusted yet though

It gets easier. Your body gets used to it, it really does. Women are designed to do this.

Morning ladies!
Thanks for the support!! I did get some good sleep in the end! 4hrs then another feed then another 4 hrs so that's the 8 that I need!!!! Lol
i also felt great thus morning knowing that I would of taken ages to wake myself enough to make feeds etc and instead u just lay in bed & latched him on!!
I'll try & remember this feeling this evening when we have another maraton feed!!!! Lol

I was ill for a week when my son was 5 weeks old and it was terrible. I just wanted to sleep and he just wanted to feed all day (and he barely slept at all). I somehow managed to get through it and breastfeeding has been very smooth since, so you just have to stick it out. Try to feed lying in bed so you can relax/doze while you feed. If you werent feeding your baby you would have to be entertaining them, which is work too if you arent feeling well.

i too have envied the FF mothers! i am going to be trying to get little one to take a bottle from the new year as i go back to work full time the last week of february! its the fact that although OH does support me i am getting tired of having to do everything and as soon as little one is crying i get handed him even if i know he doesn't need feeding. i'm tired and want to give in but at the same time love feeding him. its not going to be easy giving it up but i can't express at work (dont want to really). i will be staying with the morning feeds and evening feeds though. oh and it's good now that he only takes 5-10 mins to feed!

aw i know the feeling, i wake up with Seb in the night and whilst i enjoy the fact that i am able to give him what he needs i look at my husband sound asleep and wish that he could do it for me sometimes..... but on the otherhand he has to work full time and i know he misses him.

seb has taken a bottle from day 3 as i was expressing for a week or so when he was 1st born due to painful nipples & mastitus but he is very fussy with it and i have to get others to give it to him as he gets cross with me! good luck getting your little one to transfer! xx

thanks again bonnie xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"