I need some advice please (possibly TMI, sorry)...

Katy_28

Wife & Mummy of 2
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, so apologies if a similar problem has already been posted.

In a nutshell... at the beginning of June I thought I was 9 and a half weeks pregnant. I went for an early scan to find that I was having identical twins, but that both hearts had stopped beating around the 7 week mark. I went into hospital for medical management and miscarried both babies on 10th June. It took just over 5 weeks to get a negative result on a pregnancy test because my hormones were so high (with it being twins). Pretty soon after my negative test, I got my first period which was confirmed by the midwife.

In the week or so between my negative test and first period, my husband and I had protected sex a few times. We started TTC again on Saturday a day after my period had ended but two days ago, when I wiped (sorry TMI), there was fresh red blood, just a bit, which turned into a reddy-brown colour towards the end of the day. I don't know what this could be and it has been playing on my mind ever since. Part of me thinks it could be an ovulation bleed because I had felt pinching sensations in my sides the day before, but surely it would be too soon to ovulate, just a few of days after my period ending? I'm not kidding myself into thinking this could be an implanation bleed either (I wish), as I have read this this only happens 7-10 days after fertilisation, not 2 days. I'm a bit worried because over the past few days, I feel like i've been on another planet and i'm concerned in case something's wrong (i'm a worrier).

I have posted this on another forum and someone has suggested that my husband could have dislodged some old blood from my cervix, but this wasn't the first time we had slept together since the miscarriage.

Has anyone else been through something similar, or does anyone have an idea of what this could be? Please put my mind at rest.

Thank you in advance :flower: xx

I have almost the exact same situation right now, but a month behind you. I too m/c twins in July at 11w but they died at 7w. I haven't had my first period yet, but stopped bleeding from the m/c 2 weeks ago. Now i'm getting brown strange blood too....only just got a neg test a few days ago aswell.

I'm sorry I don't have much advice myself as to what it could be, I went to the doctors and even he wasn't sure. It could be from sex irritating the cervix or he said it could possibly be infection but i had no other symptoms of that so I doubt thats it. perhaps you should go to the drs for antibiotics just in case. am on them now myself and will see what happens. still brown spotting atm

I know what you mean about being a worrier ...i am too..i've been to the drs 6 times since the m/c started! They kept sending me away when I was first bleeding then i ended up in hospital for 5 days so they don't really reassure me! (different issue to this one don't worry :) )

sorry for your losses *hugs*
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->