I need to come back :-(

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Well ladies I havnt posted for ages since having 3 under 3 is so hectic!
Breastfeeding seemed to be goin well but then I started gettin really sore nipples which would become cracked and bleed making it difficult to feed my little boy, he was still feeding every 2 hours so I contacted the local breastfeeding support who wernt much help at all!

She basically said (over the phone) that I was latching him on wrong n that was it!
It's now become apparent he has a tongue tie (after a lot of my own research!)
He clicks when feeding, catch latch properly, sore cracked nipples, gets very frustrated as he's on and off the boob and because he's not feeding efficiently he's feeding more often which then makes his reflux worse!

All this has happened over the Xmas holidays and with no1 available to help iv been giving him bottles to help my nipples but he's not very good with bottles and just can't settle, takes him so long to try and latch on to the teat but then he can't keep up!
I feel for him as he just wants to feed!

Anyway iv been feeding him thru the night and Mornin and odd feeds but my supply has obviously dropped so much!
My nipples has healed a lot n I'd like to get him back on the boob as he's so much more settled to feed from me!

What can I do?
I'm tryin to feed him myself as much as I can but is there anything else???

Sorry it's long I'm at my wits end n no1 around me :-(

3 under 3? well done you!!
check this link for info on feeding with tongue tie
https://kellymom.com/health/baby-health/bfhelp-tonguetie/
Re supply, you could take fenugreek either capsules or just get some powder from the spices section of the supermarket take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day in water. I used to take with apple juice as it doesn't taste so good.
hope you can get some help from dr re tt soon.

3 under 3? well done you!!
check this link for info on feeding with tongue tie
https://kellymom.com/health/baby-health/bfhelp-tonguetie/
Re supply, you could take fenugreek either capsules or just get some powder from the spices section of the supermarket take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day in water. I used to take with apple juice as it doesn't taste so good.
hope you can get some help from dr re tt soon.

Thank u! Il have a look!
Ooo I remember fenugreek with my youngest!
Smelt like maple syrup haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->