I need to step away from the HPT!

ChristiansMum

Mummy of 3 and 1 angel
Reaction score
Is anyone else obsessed with doing HPT? Please tell me I'm not the only one!!

I was obsessed until I learned about the hook effect lol I didn't want to scare myself even more :D I stopped once the line become darker than the control line. Now i'm 10 weeks i'm relying more on scans and soon dopplers to reassure myself x

Yeh I have heard about the hook affect. I took my last one this morning the line is near enough as dark as the control line so im happy with that :) xx

yep, i keep buying pregnancy test to do every time I get to a new week xx

Ahem. My name is bther and I am a POAS addict. I did my last one two days ago and I'm having withdrawals! lol

https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g335/Dannikins85/3D54BDE4-55B3-42C1-9B99-F856306E95C9.jpg

Me!! But after 2 mc and an ectpic and now on Cyclogest (that can hide a mc) Im doing it for my own sanity haha we pregnant ladies do what ever keeps our minds at rest but agree with the hook effect! once it gets as dark as the ctrl line - stop xxx

The morning of 6 weeks the hook effect got me so be careful im glad i already knew about it othwr wise i would have freaked!

wooohoo lines are getting dark :) Top one was done on Monday with asda test, 2nd one done on Wednesday :) bottom one done today xx

Attachments

• DSC_1522.jpg
    DSC_1522.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 10
much darker today :)

https://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4045/fvnw.jpg

oh me too! Im am currently only 13dpo and am ashamed to say that I have taken a total of five tests already :wacko:

Ive gotten positives on all five (very faint on the first one at 11dpo) I am afraid that I am mistaken and cannot get it out of my head. Im scared that they have all been evap lines or false positives. Still so cautious! But that is fair right AF isnt even due until tomorrow and I am terrified that it will still come (to the point that I am still carrying around tampons and advil when I leave the house just in case)

here is some pics of my latest from today if you are interested, I put them up on the pg test gallery too. If anyone wants to reassure me it is real it would not go amiss lol!

oh, these were also not done with FMU if that matters

Attachments

• IMG_20131209_120925.jpg
    IMG_20131209_120925.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20131209_120806.jpg
    IMG_20131209_120806.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3
Those are def positive if you got a frer or a little more expensive pink dye test im sure you would get a very strong line with fmu tomorrow

Oh, I'm still testing! Mainly bc I got my first bfp at 2 weeks 6 days!! I O'd only a week after my lmp though. I have 2 tests left and have been testing since last Wednesday. Haha! After my ectopic and the lines never getting darker, it makes me feel better. My first appointment is Wednesday so hopefully that'll make me feel better!

Meeee my frer got darker than the control yesterday at 4w3d xx

I really do need to stay away from the HPT! My husband only thinks I have taken 4!!xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g