I really don't like the on call nurses

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
So, as some of you know, I've been sick. Working in my second illness in 3 weeks. Fever, chills, sore throat, cough, the works. I've had this one for about 3 days now. I'd talked to my nurse alt the fever and she just wanted me to keep an eye on it and keep taking my Tylenol(for sore throat too) Well last night I was trying to get to sleep. It's been hard to sleep alternating between chills and hot flashes. So I was laying there and felt extremely child. Started to have violent shivers. So hard they actually hurt. My fever was back up to 102. So I decided to call the night charge nurse to see if I could get some advice on whether I should had to the ER or if it would be ok to wait until morning. Got a hold off her and told her what was going on. She said we need to get you started on antibiotics. I'll call it in for you, what's your pharmacy number. Started to give it to her and she told me to wait a second. After a couple minutes she comes back on and asks, is your pharmacy closed. Uh, yes it is(it was 1am) So she said, are you just fining to wait until morning to get then? Week, yeah kind of have to. Her next phrase, kind of to herself, was, you've been sick 3 days. I'm just trying to figure out why your calling at 1 am. I just sat there dumbfounded for a minute. She finally said, well I'll get this called in for you and hung up.
I mean seriously, why did she think I called in? I didn't call and say hey, write me a prescription. I called because I had something happening to me that freaked me out and made me worry about my baby. I only really called for advice, which I didn't even get. And this isn't the first time I've had a night nurse with an attitude. I'm getting tired of it. I love my nurse, but the others can shove it.

Sorry your sick and having to experience this on top of it. I agree with you everytime I've had to ring I have found them rude and uncaring which is really not what you need when feeling worried and sick. I hope you feel better soon hun x

Thanks.
I've even had times when I've gone in to L&D and gotten nasty attitudes from nurses at night. The day nurses I've never had a problem with. It's always the ones on at night.
I just picked up my prescription and hopefully it will help clear this up fast.

What a B!t(h.....I have a couple of those nasty women at my hospital too. They are pretty mean at times. Our insurance pays their paychecks. So if they want to be nasty to me then I will report them to the doctors, D.O.N , and hospital administration. Im sorry you are feeling so crappy and being treated badly. I really hope you start to feel better soon :)

Thank you. I plan on talking to my doctor about what happened and may head over to the main building to talk to someone about it when I go in for my appointment next week.
I am just waiting for this antibiotic to kick in. It needs to hurry up! I've been living off water, tea, broth, and ice cream. Oh and my prenatals. I just weighed myself and I've lost 5.5lbs in just the last 4 days! I'm currently just 2.2lbs above my pregnancy weight. I don't mind losing a little weight as long as LO gets what she needs, but not this fast!!

Thank you. I plan on talking to my doctor about what happened and may head over to the main building to talk to someone about it when I go in for my appointment next week.
I am just waiting for this antibiotic to kick in. It needs to hurry up! I've been living off water, tea, broth, and ice cream. Oh and my prenatals. I just weighed myself and I've lost 5.5lbs in just the last 4 days! I'm currently just 2.2lbs above my pregnancy weight. I don't mind losing a little weight as long as LO gets what she needs, but not this fast!!

Good im glad you got the meds. Are you feeling any better yet?
And lucky you on the weight. (Not the loss) but the little b t of gain. Ive gained close to 80 lbs. Im not worried tho its not hard for me to lose it. I went from 114lbs to 211lbs with dd1 I lost it then 5 years later with dd2 was 211 again at birth. Lol I just may hit the mark again of 211 at the birth of this one lol I have 12 more to gain. If I do weigh 211 again this time I'm playing those numbers in lotto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->