I really hate summer. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Kittee, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Kittee

Kittee Pregnant with #2!

Gosh I hate Summer. I hate everything about it. There is not a single thing that I look forward to about summer. Not a SINGLE thing.

It's hot. I sweat. There are stinging and biting things out. Did I mention I get hot and sweaty?

I swear...I wish that we lived in Alaska or Iceland or something. :growlmad:

Anyone else just absolutely LOATH summer?

I cannot wait until fall gets here and I can enjoy the fall/winter/spring months again.

GURRR DOWN WITH SUMMER!

2. nicholatmn

nicholatmn Guest

I was thinking this today too! I absolutely HATE summer. I love cold, snow-storm winters!

3. Bunnipowder

Bunnipowder Well-Known Member

I love the summer when Im not pregnant (have been the last 2 summers now) but when I am there's too many things reminding you of what you cant do being pregnant wearing nice summery clothes, drinking nice cold cocktails, sunbathing. My body temp is through the roof as it is without the sun rubbing it in my face.

4. mrscookie

mrscookie Mama and expecting

When you live in the UK, summer is not bad at all. The worst thing about summer for me, is the LACK OF SUN! stupid country :(
    The other worst thing is the wasps... that's it! Not warm enough IMO!
    xx

5. Neecee

Neecee Guest

Summer is great. Boo to winter.

6. redpoppy

redpoppy Well-Known Member

HAHAH! Another london girl here echoing Neecee's sentiments! :thumbup:

but the few days of summer we get in the UK are bliss. its just hot enough, not too hot and it's just divine and we never get enough.

7. Yep! I love love love summer! I hate winter it makes me miserable.

8. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

I hate summer but thats cos i live in a bloody tourist resort and it gets over run with hen and stag do's

9. paula85

paula85 very proud mammy to 3!

I am still waiting for summer to start over here! we get a couple of warm days thats about it, it has been mostly windy and rain this summer!

10. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

I have a rare eye condition which means I am photophobic...I have fully dilated pupils all of the time so for me the Summer is just far too bright! I hate it, I have a permanent scowl because I squint so much and I cant leave the house without my dark glasses..I even have to wear them indoors sometimes as our flat is really bright.

It was horrible as a child watching everyone else running around in the Sunshine enjoying themselves while I was sat lurking in the shade with a massive headache.

I just do not enjoy sitting in the Sun, I like to be warm but hate the Sunshine....mind you winter can be just as bad sometimes when theres loads of glare and no shade. I'm used to people thinking I'm a div for wearing dark glasses when they don't think its at all bright!

Roll on autumn.

11. Dinoslass

Dinoslass Well-Known Member

I love both summer and winter, think all seasons have fun things. Summer is great to be outside.... and in Holland it is not too hot and sweaty all the time, just a few days in summer, which is lovely to go swimming and stuff. Winter is nice because it has the cosy feeling of all sitting inside and being together, as well as the holidays, and ice-skating!
    I love autumn for its colours and rain (if not too much!) and spring for all the flowers and being able to go outside more often!