I really need some advice. My 12 week old just does not sleep enough!

Proudmumx1

Reaction score
She will not go to sleep for the night any earlier than 1am even though I prepare her with a bath feed etc hours before. She does have reflux n would wake up gagging or uncomfortable 30 mins into her sleep. At around 1 she will sleep abt 5 hrs sometimes more and wake for a feed (takes abt an hour to settle her since she has reflux n is gassy) and will sleep for another 2 or 3hrs and that's it. Is that normal. Also she naps 4 times a day each one lasting no more than an 30 mins I'm just worried for her wellbeing. I'm a ftm and read that a 12 week old should be getting 15 hrs in a 24hr period. That is clearly not the case with her not sure what to do I try settling her down every day for hours on end with no success

Have you taken her to the doctor for the reflux? Medication may help if that's why she's not sleeping. Also, putting her to sleep on an incline may help if she's having reflux issues when lying flat. You can elevate one end of her sleeping surface to make her more upright.

Ye she was on gaviscon which didn't help and now she is on a different medication which we started recentry so hopefully we see some improvement. She does sleep on an incline which helps sometimes but not alwaY's. My main concern is her sleep as I feel like she barely sleeps and just worried it affecting her :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->