I really need ttc diet advice.

alicarr74

Reaction score
We have a food budget of 150-200 dollars every two weeks for food together. I am finding it really hard to not only eat healthy, but enough on this budget. What foods are conceiving wise, as well as cost effective?

Fresh fruits and veggies, meals made from scratch are much more cost effective than buying commercial brands pre made. Pinterest is a great place to find healthy meal options that can work with a budget. That's where I find my recipes. I also find it helpful to plan out my meals a week in advance and shop for only those items, so you aren't buying a bunch of random stuff at the store that doesn't make a complete meal.

It's actually a lot cheaper to eat healthy than buy all the processed junk! When my family started eating healthier our weekly grocery bill went from $150-$180 to around $80-$100. I plan out my meals every week on paper and make a list from that and ONLY buy the stuff on my list. Some of the sites I use are thegraciouspantry.com skinnytaste.com pinterest skinnymom.com I'll try to find a few more that I use!

Yes, what the PP's said! Also, if you have a farmer's market you can get to shopping there will be a lot less expensive than shopping at the grocery store. There's sooooo much yummy, fresh food that you can make from scratch that's also TTC friendly and cheap. Taking a little extra time to plan meals out is so worth it :) .

Also try batch cooking and freezing, generally speaking the more u buy the cheaper it is I.e. buying a large tray of something will cost less than buying 2 smaller ones therefore over the course of a year u will save a fair bit. It is exhausting cooking so many meals in one go, in fact I only cooked about 2 weeks worth of meals a lot of ppl do a months worth. However when u get home from work and don't have to cook it is kinda awesome lol.

If u don't want to batch cook u could start shopping with ppl so if u have other ppl on ur street u cud join with them and buy everything in bulk which will work out cheaper. For instance I bought a 3kg bag of pasta it was £2.30 but the 500g bags were 50p so I effectively only saved 70p but if u did it with neighbours and went to a wholesalers ur savings would be huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->