I received some very upsetting news yesterday

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
As many of you know, my youngest daughter (4 in January) has a form of autism, Pervasive Development Disorder.

Well, yesterday, it was report card day for my oldest son, Jasper, who is five and in kindergarten. His marks on his report card were to be expected. He is at a "beginning" level for many things, which does not come as a surprise to me as he has never been in preschool or daycare. Other things, such as math and physical education, he is doing well.

THe other side of the report card is for the teacher's remarks. She wrote that Jasper enjoys non-fiction books about infastructure and likes to build with blocks infastructure.She wrote that Jasper is finding it diffcult to express his feelings, has anxiety, flaps his hands, and doesn't like change. He will also repeatedly ask the same question. His music teacher said that she finds that Jasper has difficulty with understanding verbal instructions, and learns visually. She finished it all off with "I recommend Jasper receives a thorough pediatric assessment so he can get the support he needs."

I am floored. I feel gutted actually. For my son, but, also I have been TTC desperatly for over 2 years, and I am not sure what that means for us. If Jasper has a form of autism too...does that make the chances of having another child with it even higher than what they told me? Rob and I already have an appointment with an adoption agency in January, and so is this going to be the best way to go? I feel so uncertain right now, and full of questions, and of course, fear for both my children's future. I also feel like a failure. :(

Anyways, just wanted to get that off my chest.

:hug: I don't know what to say hun but wanted to send you my best wishes...

I am sorry - i really am. But you are not a failure! It isnt your fault at all! I dont know anything about autism but i know it isnt your fault. :hugs:

I was just reading the booklet that came from the neurologist's office this morning. I read that we have a 1 in 20 chance of having another child with autism, or some form of it.

I gasped too! I am very sure my youngest is not autistic however this baby I have inside. I have some worry there.

I truly hope everything goes well hun. I hope you can get him checked out and find if he does too have something going on that may or may not need to be treated.

:) :hugs: X

I again dont know much but would like to say this isnt your fault and my thoughts are with you xx

:hug: hun
You are NOT a faliure! you are a caring supportive mother who wants the best for her children xXx
I understand exactly how you feel about having another child with special needs. Now that I know we are having another boy I am anxious as to wether he will have similar problems to his big brother. Time will tell I guess xXx

Ah hun you are not a faliure.
Ihave 6 boys and 5 out of the 6 have a range of needs from autism to aspargers and turrets (sp), i do worry as i am having another little boy, i also have 2 girls who are bright as a button with no learning needs. Hugs to you, i'm here if you want to chat xx

:hugs: You are definitely not a failure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->