I smell something burning... Weird pregnancy symptom or something else??

ColorMeFamous

Mommy to 2 and an angel 💛
Reaction score
Heyy ladies!! For the past two days I've smelled something burning. I thought it was because I ate pepperoni sticks (lol) but it has continued to last longer than I thought it would. Has anyone else had this or could it be something else?

Its actualy a really common pregnancy side effect, I had it nearly the whole pregnancy last time and had it the last few weeks this time.
Always a good idea just to have a check on any electrical stuff and plugs ti be on the safe side though.

Oh that's so weird!! I've never heard of that symptom!! So glad it's nothing serious!!

I'm sorry, I have nothing useful to add....

Just wanted to say that I found it ironic that "smokey" was the first one to reply to the burning smell symptom :)

I am driving my OH around the bend with this. Most nights ive got him on his hands and knees checking all the electric points. I just thought i had lost the plot. Indidnt realise ot was a pregnancy symptom hahax

I'm sorry, I have nothing useful to add....

Just wanted to say that I found it ironic that "smokey" was the first one to reply to the burning smell symptom :)

Haha :)

Not sure if its a officialy recognised symptom its just that after spending years on this site iv seen it crop up a fair few times about phantom smells of burning and hightened smell sense during pregnancy.
If it does continue though might be worth seeing a dr as there are other respitory conditions and preasure on the brain that can cause this just to rule anything worse out.

Hahaha!! The irony hahaha!!!

Oh okay haha!! Yeah it's gone away for the most part now. I was just kind of like wtf... Maybe I'm having a stroke or something haha!! Glad it's all normal haha!! It was about the most annoying symptom though. Smelling and tasting like that smoke. Ugh. Lol!

I get this when I go to the toilet on a night. Can always smell burnt candles lol x

I thought it was just me!! In the early days I would wake up panicking because it smelt like something in the house was on fire, it drove me mental getting up and checking everything!!

I had this but it was more like a really dusty/sandy smell, drove me mad! Xx

Yeah my weird smell was like metal or oil or like smoke. It was really weird haha!! I never had that with my first! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->