• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I still haven't told my parents!!

mummytobe_93

Reaction score
Hey :)
So basically i was pregnant earlier this year, i had a miscarriage and my mum and dad were supportive throughout.

I found out im pregnant again about 3 weeks ago and i still haven't told them! Im so SCARED this time and i don't know why, i feel as if they will know its planned and will be more disappointed this time, i just dont know whether i should just wait for a 12 week scan until i know everything's ok and then tell them- so i dont worry them over nothing if i end up having a mc again...?

Also, girls in the UK- when you got your scan letters, is it obviously a scan letter? and can you also get the letter sent to a different address? I obviously dont want an NHS letter addressed to me coming through the door and my mum asking me questions, awkward.

Thanks

i would wait till you have your scan, but dont put it off to long, its better to just get it off your chest as soon as possible. Good Luck!! <3

I've always told my parents, immediately after finding, even after my mmc. It's important to have their supportive during this time. :hugs:

It wasnt an obvious scan letter but it WAS an obvious NHS letter.. so unless you can beat them to the post then they will see that ! I couldnt get it sent to a dfferent address.
Ive never had a miscarriage but I still havent told family and I think I may be around 13 weeks. The longer I wait the harder its getting so if I was you id tell them soon !

I waited until about 12 weeks, for two reasons. I also was pregnant before and it ended in mc. So i sorta just felt like i would wait it out for that reason and also the first time i was pregnant my sister and i got in a fight and so i wanted to wait until after christmas to be sure it wouldnt ruin my moms christmas. I think you should go ahead and tell them though so you can stop worrying about their reaction and enjoy your pregnancy.

I waited till i was 18 weeks before telling them i was scared and the main reason was because i had a miscarriage previously. Tell them when you feel comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->