I think all hope of an hbac is lost

angel2010

Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc
Reaction score
I was extremely disappointed with the birth of my son. I was induced at 36+2 because of IUGR (he wasn't growing well in the womb). With the pitocin, his heartrate kept dropping and I was eventually sent for an emcs. Through scans it was estimated that he would be about 4lbs 6 ounces, it turned out he was 5lbs. After delivery they took my placenta to the lab to see if it could give any clue as to why there was IUGR. It turned out that I had clots on my placenta and that I have a gene mutation called MTHFR (I am compound heterozygous, I have one copy of the C677T and one copy of the A1298C if anyone wants to look it up).
Because of my experience with the birth of my son, I knew I wanted things done differently next time. From this forum my eyes were opened to home water birth. Since then it has been my image of a dream birth. I am extremely broody so I think about it a lot.
Tonight I have finally got up the courage to look up MTHFR and home birth. I found a few forums and it looks like I will likely be classed as high-risk and home birth with be out of the picture. There are no tubs in the hospitals in my area, so water birth would be out too.
I am so devestated that I probably won't even have the chance to birth my way. I am not even pregnant yet and I am sat here in tears thinking about the loss of my dream birth.
Does anyone know about MTHFR and the added risks at birth?

Sorry so long, well done if you got this far.

Sweetheart nothing is out of reach if you strive for it.

Like you said you arent pg yet so you have plenty of time to do your research and find out if your genetic condition really does make you high risk and to find yourself a supportive MW and the money/insurance to cover her.

Thanks Chuck, I have a very supportive oh and he said he will help me to do all we can to get what I want. I was just so disheartened last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->