i think hubby has got the hint.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
well since joshua was born hubby hasnt got up once in the night with him,which i dont mind coz i most probably wouldnt sleep through anyway.

well today hubby had the day off work.
we got up at 8 and coz he got dressed straight away he started moaning at me coz by 9.30 i wsnt dressed, even though i had fed joshua,changed his nappy and got him dressed while hubby was sitting watching tv drinking tea.

then i got dressed and he wanted to go out but i wasnt ready i explained to him that i had too much to do,like sterilizing bottles and making them up.

then i said to him that im the one who has joshua all day while hes at work and have him through the night.

i think he has got the hint that i cant do it all and that i need some help now and again.

today he has done the bottles put the washing on and done house work.

it sounds like hes a bad person and he really isnt its just he dosent get it that i cant do it all.

hope he helps more often x

Nope, I really don't think guys do. One book I read said a guy doesn't really get it till the 2nd baby comes along.

i dont/wouldnt mind but it is hard.

when he has joshua and he starts crying he just passes him to me.

x

I don't think they really get it until you go out and leave them to it for the day or better still over night. Hee Hee :twisted:

My DH is always a shadow of his former self when I do that. :rofl: That said, the house is always like a bomb site too.

snap. we've had awful arguments.

just keep being told 'i'm at work all day' like what the f%&* do you think I do all day, then make your dinner, wash up after, make sure you have clean clothes, never mind sort Chloe's stff out, then get up twice in the night.........

still doesnt get it :(

hubby doesnt moan about that hes been to work all day and he cooks us tea and washes up too. which im greatful tht he does.

it just seems like i have joshua 24/7.

i dont like moaning, i love my husband and my ickkle joshua x

I guess im lucky my OH is great...hes really helpful. So helpful that now he has started working full time i had to get used to being alone...glad he has got the hint though hun...a helping hand always makes a difference...xx

I feel so lucky! My DH is such a sweetheart and my life is so easy because he loves having father-son time. He does 2 out of 3 morning shifts and gives him his bath every evening.
He even gets upset and pouts if Ryan won't settle for him when he's teething or unwell and only wants mummy :(

My OH is brilliant. I really cannot complain. With my son he did ALL night feeds. He used to do pretty much all the feeds/nappy changes on his day off etc. With Kalea he's doing his share while hes off work, he goes back on saturday. We share the night feeds. I don't have to ask him, he just does it. He even said to me the other day that I was hogging her lol.

im glad he hasnt helped too much so i didnt struggle when he went back to work.

he does spend daddy and joshua time together.

x
i wish i didnt make this thread now,i feel guilty about moaning bout him.

Nah don't feel guilty at all. I know where you are coming from. You're not saying that he doesn't totally adore your LO, it's just that they don't always realise that looking after them is really very hard work and being able to do that and fitting in housework and cooking as well is actually a skill that most men don't possess!

Nah don't feel guilty at all. I know where you are coming from. You're not saying that he doesn't totally adore your LO, it's just that they don't always realise that looking after them is really very hard work and being able to do that and fitting in housework and cooking as well is actually a skill that most men don't possess!

it is very hard work fitting in housework and cooking as well as looking fter baby coz i cant get any housework done and i dont even cook,its hubby that does all that.

x

it is very hard work fitting in housework and cooking as well as looking fter baby coz i cant get any housework done and i dont even cook,its hubby that does all that.

x

It gets easier hunnie. I was swamped when I had Mikey. This time, looking after a toddler, a baby and a house seems too easy. I bet something will go wrong soon though!

It's even gotten easier for me and Hannah's only six weeks old. She went through a period where I had to hold her constantly. She's gotten better at being down on her own, sometimes playing, sometimes sleeping during the daytime

I do all the feeds (as I breastfeed),I change 99% of the nappies,I give Skyler his bath every night.
My husband washes and irons all his clothes,helps put him to sleep when he is grumpy,plays with him when he is feeling like it and carries him around when I want a bit of a break.
My husband asked last night why Skyler isn't sleeping in his own crib at night but still co-sleeping with us.....I asked him in reply..Are you willing to get up 3 times a night to feed and cuddle Skyler to sleep? Point taken.

my hubby is great with Ali. does loads over the weekend. on friday night he takes over so i can have a whole nights sleep! during the week he takes over from about 9pm to 1am so i can sleep and after that if Ali wakes up i go and see to him but it doesn't matter as i have had some sleep. he changes nappies all time too and makes us dinner. he is a real star. really supportive.

he told me it is cos he loves being with his son and feels i need a break......

Christine
X

x
i wish i didnt make this thread now,i feel guilty about moaning bout him.

I'm glad you did- means i can moan about mine!! He phoned me from work at 9am to tell me he'd forgotten his wallet and needed it and to ask me what to do. Bear in mind I was up to my elbows in washing up clearing up from last night with Chloe screaming. How many babies do I have for Gods sake??

i feel like i'm attached to my baby all through the day...getting hardly anything done!!! oh hasn't said anything so far, but i can tell what he's thinking eg 'how long does it take to empty a dishwasher' and 'surely you can't be feeding her all day...' please don't get me started...!:hissy:

he told me it is cos he loves being with his son and feels i need a break......

X

even though hubby doesnt help with much i know for a fact that he loves being with his son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->