I think I have a pregnancy related issue that some of you may not already have...

Gypsy_Punk

Mummy to 3 angels
Reaction score
After googling and speaking to girls in 3rd tri I think I have this AWFUL pregnancy related issue a lot sooner than I should. Apparently it kicks in about 30 plus weeks but my uterus is as high as that now with having 3 babies.

I feel like someone has broken my rib! You know under your boobs where your underwire pushes on your ribs? Well my uterus is there and it's pushing on my ribs and they feel bruised and broken. The pain is agony.

I saw my friend yesterday who has twins and she confirmed it's my uterus pushing everything out of the way and that doesn't normally kick in til 3rd tri with one baby.

I am gonna mention it to my consultant on Monday and see what she suggests and I will let you all know cos it is so painful! I can't cough, sneeze, laugh and it is worse at night but I seem to have had a growth spurt over night and it actually woke me up this morning!

:( poor you, it will be worth it though for all those babies. When have you been told to expect to give birth (im guessing it will be sooner than with one baby?)

totally off topic but was it you that was looking for crispy pancakes ages ago? x

It was and I found some in Morrisons!

Erm due date is May 24th at full term but they have said best case I will get to 34 weeks, worst case I will get to 29 weeks

ouch poor u. i had that in my other pregnancies. have been a bit sore this time round but not 2 bad yet as as u say it's worse in 3rd tri with 1 baby!!!

Thought it was! I saw loads in sainsburys the other day and thought about you :) Hope you manage to sort out your ribs problem and that the babies stay in for as long as possible x

Oh no hun, didnt know the pain was that bad. I hope they can give you some sort of remedy for it x :hugs:

I had this in third tri, and actually cracked two ribs. It's incredibly painful, and I'm sorry you're going through it :hugs:

Something else to look forward to then! Hope the consultant can do something to make you feel more comfortable x

ouch sounds so painful hun, let us know what midwife tells ya x

Yeah..That does hurt..I don't have it quite yet with these guys, but I know it's coming. Have you bought any kind of belly support belt yet? I don't know if it would help that,but I am feeling the spread, when your pelvic bones start to spread out, and it's painful..The belt helps..Oh, and I totally forgot you had three in there, not just two! Sorry about that!

Hi, no not got one yet, been tucking my vest top into my leggings and pulling my knickers and leggings up over my bump!

oh the joys of having triplets. I am sorry you're having a rough time xxx

There was a thread about this the other day - seems even in second tri a couple of us are getting it, I think mine is because I'm pretty short and the baby is so high everything is just squished but multiply that by three -OUCH! Paracetamol and a super soft bed!
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"