I think I'm getting my home water birth!!!!

ace28

TTC #2
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm pretty sure a lot of you saw my other thread but i just wanted to update everyone...

So we had our first meeting with a midwife today, one who specializes in home and natural birthing. After having only been under the care of an OB so far, we were a little nervouse about what to expect... But she was AMAZING. Everything I've been picturing and more- she is very in to natural birth, empowering women and trusting the body to do it right, and really just letting the whole process be as natural as possible. Plus, she was very inclusive of my partner as a full partner iykwim, as opposed to the doctors I've seen so far who have basically brushed her off like she wasn't there and wasn't important. All in all, this lady was a perfect fit for our family and for what we were looking for in a home birth- i knew as soon as she started talking that I wanted her! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

After so long being frustrated with the"standard" care at my hospital (there's a back story to this but let's just say it has involved multiple multi-hour long waits to be seen even when i had an appt and them completely ignoring my wife, as stated above), I feel like I've finally found the perfect fit for me. Sooooo happy!

Oh and ps, the best part is the money. We were worried about this because other midwives had quoted us in the $4000 range. Her price is half that and includes everything including the birthing pool! :happydance:

That's brilliant, really happy for you! ROLL ON BIRTH DAY! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->