I think its time

K1nS

TTC #1
Reaction score
Me and my fiance, Dean have been chatting for a while now about having children of our own. I have just stopped taking the pill this month, to have my 6 month recommended break before trying to have a child. We are using this time to get our house ready, as we have just moved into a 3 bedroom house, it was just a shell when e first moved in so it still needs quite alot of work. I am not currently working, as many of you know how hard it is at the moment :(

I don't know if this is down to moving home but my blood pressure is on border line of being high, which isn't good. I was wondering if its safe to take multivitamins etc. or do I need certain ones? I want to make sure I am healthy before trying for our little one.

I was taking prenatals for a few months before ttc... and of course while ttc still taking them.. they make a healthy environment for a baby, as far as I have read of course... haha

I was taking prenatals for a few months before ttc... and of course while ttc still taking them.. they make a healthy environment for a baby, as far as I have read of course... haha

Sorry hun you will have to forgive me, are these easy to get hold of? Expensive? Sorry for all the questions im new with all this :blush:

Sorry hun you will have to forgive me, are these easy to get hold of? Expensive? Sorry for all the questions im new with all this :blush:

You can pick up stuff like prenatal vits at the supermarket, I've been told that own brands are exactly the same stuff as the more expensive brands such as Pregnacare. I got my folic acid from Boots and it cost a couple of quid, only going to get some Pregnacare or similar once I get my BFP, can't see the point in taking it now as I get a varied diet anyhow.

Yeah I have the cheaper brand and they are just as good.. I dont know if you have like walmart there, I am in the states forgive me, but that is where I get mine and they are like 8 dollars for like a huge container.. something like 300 pills... But you can get them at any drug store..

Hey hun!! boots is quite good for multivits. and sometimes have a 3 for 2 on :) xxx

yeah to ttc vitamin c, vitamin b6 is also good :) but if u are WTT i think a multivitamin is good its in one tablet and gives u everythin u need xx

make sure you take a multivit meant for pregnant women - you need to avoid vitamin A as too much can be harmful to the baby once you are pregnant. no need to try to cut it out of your diet, though - levels in food won't do any harm. the brands are all pretty similar, and tend to have the right amount of folic acid (400 micrograms). you can get them from pretty much any supermarket or chemist and they don't have to be really expensive. good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->