I think I've lost my baby....

Oh Omi, I have read all the above posts and I share everyone's support for you.
I had a suspected ectopic pregnancy and I had to wait for 2 weeks for them to diagnose it and then debate what treatment to have to sort it out. The tests, the waiting, the going-back-to-the-hospital, seeing pregnant women, etc. I totally understand!

I had to take a deep breath whenever I approached the hospital. I hate the sight of the place and I hate the cold-hearted staff more. Whatever you decide to do, whether nature 'takes its course' or if you have to have a D&C, stay strong. Cry whenever you need to and let the pain out. I bawled, and bawled and then some more. What's more, I did it all over doctors, midwifes, colleagues, family and my long-suffering husband. However, I let it out and it DOES get easier. I'm 34 and I would have been around 20 weeks pregnant by now. We're about to start TTC again after an enforced 3 month break.

You take care, I SO understand how you feel. 3 months ago I walked into a waiting room at the hospital, saw a baby in there and ran out crying in the corridoor. Last week, I held my best friend's baby and just felt happy and hopeful. I'm sure you'll be the same soon, just hang in there. x

im so sorry to hear your news but will be thinking about u and keeping fingers crossed there still hope x

Thanks to all of you for your kind words..its very therapeutic to hear from you all, honest, really appreciate it..:)

So last night i finally had some vino after a month and a half :) and a sneaky fag although i quit but i was upset so i figured one or two wouldnt make much difference..

OH cried a bit as he was very upset about it naturally as well.. I now just have the nasty wait of the miscarriage to take place-ugh! its so uncomfortable!!! :( Wish i could just have it over with and move on you know?

My mum was very nice about it yesterday but she's back to her usual selfcenteredness today.. dont get me wrong, she's sually a good mum but she's not happy with her life at the moment so its all 'me, me, me'!! For Gods sake i just found out i lost my baby!!!! anyway...

Me and my lovely OH have decided to try again as soon as possible. Am i being awful for wanting to move on so quickly??

Can i also say i got a parcel in the mail w/some maternity clothes i bought on ebay-- nice! As if i need a reminder!!

So sorry for your loss. I've been where you are now, and I feel for you. Sending you and OH my thoughts :hugs:

Thanks for all the kind words, thoughs and advice!!! :hugs:

I finally called the hospital yesterday and im scheduled in for a d&c on friday so hopefully i'll be able to put a line under this sad episode and move on towards the future and ttc again!

Thanks again to all of you, it has been so helpfull :hugs:

Omi,

My mams best friend is a midwife, and she said that after the d+c, two weeks later you should ovulate and your fertile again, the doctors say wait to till on period but midwifes say you can crack on.

so i m sure that your gonna fall pregnanct real soon, just make sure you knwo the right days to you know, and bingo1 :hugs::hugs:

Oh Omi ((((big hugs))))

Hang in there. I'm not much younger than you (35) and last year I had a m/c at 8 weeks and two chemical pregnancies. I know how heart-breaking it is. I now find myself 6 weeks pregnant again - even though I wasn't expecting it this month because we only did the deed once!

It is so hard when the only justification you get from medical staff is things like "it wasn't meant to be" and "miscarriage is very common" - it doesn't help you at all. Stay strong and focussed. You're obviously able to conceive so there's no reason why next time you won't be successful.

Thinking of you and keep us posted with how you're getting on x

Omi you are so not awful for wanting to move on so quickly! Being pregnant was the happiest I ever was, I cannot wait to feel that way again. I know you read my post, so you know what I went through (the same as you almost). And I want to try well we are trying right now..even though..well I haven't had my first cycle yet. I know it's coming really soon, and the doctor said it was ok to try now, it just makes dates, and ultrasounds more tricky later.....so I have the go ahead...Im not stopping!

We leave on vacation in a few short hours...and I think my BH thinks we are going to spend our time on the beach...boy does he have another thing coming! :dance:

As for your wine and smoke...I did the same. I had quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant, and I haven't smoked again since that first one after my d&c. But I felt like I want to feel not pregnant..and for some dumb reason that seal it for me. I knew I wasn't anymore, otherwise I would never have smoked.

I hope you have more better days soon. I know how hard it is. Ive been there, I am there what am I saying?

And I really hope your ttc gets under way very soon too! It gives you something wonderful to look forward to again. Plus it's well fun! :blush:

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"