I think Jack may have impetigo!!!:(

bev309

Reaction score
He has had what I thought was a cut behind his ear, which at first was quite small. I first found it when i thought he had weetabix in his hair, but turned out to be crust from the 'cut'. It has now gotten bigger & there are a few spots around the main area and one on his thumb:hissy: I looked it up on the net & it sounds like impetigo. I can't go to docs today as no surgery, so will have to wait until 1st thing tomorrow:hissy: He doesn't seem to be in any pain with it, but he has a cold & is bad with that already:cry: Anyone else's LO had this or anyone had it themselves? As I said I'm not 100% that it is this, but it looks & sounds like it may be.

All I know is that Impetigo is contagious. I hope he is ok. xxx

Yeah I read that, but touch wood, no symptoms on anyone else so far.

I remember my brother caught it from daycare like 15 years ago... It is extremely contagious, you have to make sure he doesn't touch it because it can spread all over his body.

I don't want to scare you, but you should make sure you disinfect everything that has been in contact with Jack once Jack gets his treatment.

Hope he get better quick xxx:hugs:

my daughter had this when she was 6 , i would suggest trying to get him to docs as soon as you can as the sooner you start putting the cream on it the quicker it will clear up , impetigo looks like big blister spots that has burst . violet x

I remember my brother caught it from daycare like 15 years ago... It is extremely contagious, you have to make sure he doesn't touch it because it can spread all over his body.
IF this is what it is, I don't know where he could have caught it from, as he isn't in touch with any other kids, or anyone else who may have it, so perhaps it may be something else, as we all know, googling is dangerous:rofl:
i would suggest trying to get him to docs as soon as you can as the sooner you start putting the cream on it the quicker it will clear up , impetigo looks like big blister spots that has burst
Thanks, I am going first thing tomorrow. Hopefully it isn't impetigo, but it doesn't seem to be clearing up, so will get some advice & treatment either way.:hugs:

did u manage to get a doctors appointment today hun?

Yes thanks I saw the doc yesterday morning, it is impetigo as I thought & she gave him antibiotics to clear it up. She said it wasn't contagious unless you were actually like kissing it or something, so that is reassuring, hopefully it will clear within the week now before christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->