I think my babys poorly :(

zoe87

Im a new mammy!
Reaction score
I really dont know if i cant wait till tomorrow to get her seen by the GP. For a good few weeks shes had boogeys up her nose and ive put that down to her breathing funy. Ive also been told the whie stuff on her tongue isnt milk its thrush but the mediciine they give me is making her sick so ive stopped it. Now for the past 2 days she keeps crying..she never crys like this she sounds dead wheezy and when she coughs it sounds like its hurting her throat. i really dont know what to do

Do you have a vapouriser or humidifier? If not, try running a hot shower and sit with her in the bathroom with the door closed. The steam will help clear he nose. It sounds like a cold that may have got into her chest, but don't worry, this happens and she'll be ok.

If her throat seems sore try a tiny bit of honey on your finger or her dummy, this may sooth her throat.

Ring the doctor in the morning and take her in for a checkup, better to be safe.

Is she eating ok? Do her nappies look as normal for her? Is she bright enough (albeit unhappy)?

Do you have a vapouriser or humidifier? If not, try running a hot shower and sit with her in the bathroom with the door closed. The steam will help clear he nose. It sounds like a cold that may have got into her chest, but don't worry, this happens and she'll be ok.

If her throat seems sore try a tiny bit of honey on your finger or her dummy, this may sooth her throat.

Ring the doctor in the morning and take her in for a checkup, better to be safe.

Is she eating ok? Do her nappies look as normal for her? Is she bright enough (albeit unhappy)?

honey is not recommended for babies under one year :flower:

i thought it was dangerous to give honey to a baby under 1 year old? Xx

My mum recommends it and helped with neice who under two months. Only tiny amount, but fair enough.

i took her to urgent care tonight and it turns out its just bad thrush on her tongue so they have given me a gel to try instead of Nystatin. Thanks for all the advice ile try taking her in bathroom wile im in shower see if that clears her snotty nose x

Glad she's ok :hugs:

Have you tried saline nose drops for her stuffy nose? We got them on prescription from the GP and they are obviously quite natural and recommended for LO's with stuffy noses. Have tried using them with a nasal aspirator but it doesn't seem to have much success. The drops are useful though.

what type of aspirator have you got? I find the pipette ones are rubbish but you can get a snot sucker one from boots that really works combined with the spray. I'm glad your little one is okay x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->