I think my son is pulling his hair out!

missbabypo

Mummy to Riley and Bump!
Reaction score
What can I do to stop him? He seems to be getting a small bald patch on the back of his head. He twiddles his hair around when he is tired so I don't know if it is just an accident or if he is doing it on purpose. It's only small but quite noticeable if you are stood behind him

He's not alone. It is a similar comfort to thumb sucking, nose rubbing, blankies or pacifiers. He probably doesn't know he is doing it. I'm sure your doctor or nurse might have some advice if you are concerned it is getting worse and might affect his self esteem later in life. Could you get him a soft toy with feathery/hairy/tasselly bits that he could twirl instead?

I've tried encouraging a label to twiddle (something that most kids in our family have found comforting at some point) but doesn't seem to have taken off. I have asked him today if he will stop and he said yes but he is 5 so has probably forgotten already lol. I do think I am partly to blame because I used to play with his hair when he was sleepy as a baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->