I think today's the day...

AnnaBanana9

Mummy
Reaction score
.. that we start Alyssa on baby rice. For the past 2 weeks she's been waking for a feed 3 times a night, when it used to be just once. I put ot down to her 4 month growth spurt at first, but she's also now watching us like a hawk when we eat, opening her mouth when we take a bite, and moving her mouth as iif she were chewing. She's also grabbed for my sandwich and my pot of Muller tice, and tried to stick her little hands in the rice as well.

It feels like she's not my tiny baby any more; she's a big girl now :cry:

:hugs: I thought you'd be doing BLW for some reason! :dohh: Dont ask me why!

Good luck with the weaning hun x

:hugs: Thanks Lisa!
I like a lot that I've read about BLW, but I'm not fully sure that it's right for Alyssa - but I do want to make sure she has LOTS of finger foods and tries to feed herself when she's a little older. We just think she's ready for something else now.... and thought she was too young for BLW just yet?

Well she's not too young to start being given finger foods to play with. She wouldnt eat them unless she was ready to. I gave Hebe stuff from about Alyssa's age when she started doing the mouthing and realy watching us eat. She would put them to her mouth but didnt really 'eat' them for another month after that. :)

Thanks Lisa! If you don't mind I'll be picking your brains about this at the Metro Centre meet on Thursday :hugs: Hope you and Hebe can make it!
x

aww she is growing up :( exciting stuff though, did she have any rice yesterday hun? how did she do? x

Not given her any yet as am full of cold, and really want to enjoy the moment :) Will keep you posted!

aww hope you feel better soon :hugs:

P.S did you manage to get the stuff i sent you?

Thanks! It arrived yesterday - been so out of it that I forgot to thank you; my bad :blush:

SHE DID IT! We gave Alyssa rice cereal this afternoon - her first taste of solids :happydance: She LOVED it! Ate it all up and was grabbing to get the spoon to her mouth faster!

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2424/3650265399_d0df8bbf71.jpg?v=0

That's fab hun! Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight :hugs:

PS. How beautiful are Alyssa's eyes!!!!

Thanks Laurie :hugs:

Alyssa let me get all of an hour's sleep last night :cry: All she wanted was to nurse - and she drank LOADS. For the past 2 1/2 weeks or so, she's had me up at least 3 times a night for feeds when it used to only be once. Last night convinced us to give solids a go.

Yey hopefully you will get a bit more sleep tonight hun! seen the vid on FB, she is enjoying it :D x

well done Alyssa and no problems Anna just wanted to make sure it turned up okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->