I think we might have found our baby boy's name...

Xuxa

Mom of 9 - 6 princesses and 3 princes
Reaction score
So, after many arguments about what to name this boy, my husband came up with a name that i think i could live with...

He really likes the name Skye/Sky for a boy and i am ok with it.

Does anyone know of a boy with that name?

we need a name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dohh:

I dont know any boys called sky but know a few Boys called Skyler that get sky for short. I like it

Skye is just a girls name in the UK do I fond it hard to imagine it on a boy. It's a nice name though.

Schuyler (the correct and masculine spelling of the modern name Skyler) was the name of one of the vice presidents of America, I like it but OH vetoed it

I do know one boy named Sky... I actually love Skyler (nn. Sky) for a boy. I wouldn't use it though, personally... even though I love it. It's too feminine in my opinion and seems to be used primarily for girls. Sorry! :flower:

How about Kai or Kyler?

Kei was always on my list, unfortunately way too many Kei's around here...

i always thought of Skye as a girl's name too, but i did meet a boy the other day with that name. well, university going boy... 6ft4, good looking, very boyish, and it suited him so well. think it made me warm up to the name for a boy.

anyway, i guess it's like naming girls Riley or something like that. (here's to hoping...) My OH only other option is Ocean, which i really cannot do, and he wants to keep River for our last one.

This poor baby hasn't had a name all this time and we keep referring to him as it or the baby, it's been such struggle!!

Thanks for your opinions.xxxx

Not heard of Sky/e for a Boy but have heard of Skyler, and also Stryker.

From where i'm from I think of Skye/Skyler etc as a girls name

I also think of breaking bad :D

ive got a baby niece called Skye. Ive only heard it for girls in the UK.

I think it goes well with your girls' names!

I'd suggest using spelling of just Sky so that it doesn't look so feminine, but either way I like it

I have a puppy (6 years old but still my pup) he was born with one blue eye so my nephew named him Skye. I love that name and my little skyzer boy. So I'm a tad partial.

I've known one girl and one guy named Skye. So it's pretty gender neutral in my mind.

I love the name!!!! Go with what you love, there's always going to be people who dislike name choices. And that's ok!

Thanks everyone! i knew it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but i like it more and more :)

It's making me feel a bit more prepared :p

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"