i took ibuprofen! I didnt know it was harmful!

Any updates with this ladies? I accidentally took 1 ibrupofen tablet today xx

This thread is almost 4 years old so it's unlikely there's going to be any updates. In any case, I don't think one pill is anything to worry about. I took a couple ibuprofen early on before I knew I was pregnant and my doctor said it wasn't a big deal.

The other thing to bear in mind is that most pharmaceutical companies are unwilling to do any research into safe medication in pregnancy because they don't want (for obvious reasons) to take on the legislation and legal side if anything were to go wrong. The reason why many drugs are considered not safe in pregnancy is because they are untested and not because they would actually be unhealthy to you or your baby.

You will be fine, i did the same thing before i knew, and i did a few times. i was in my 1st trimester. It's just if you did excessively- then i would worry.

The other thing to bear in mind is that most pharmaceutical companies are unwilling to do any research into safe medication in pregnancy because they don't want (for obvious reasons) to take on the legislation and legal side if anything were to go wrong. The reason why many drugs are considered not safe in pregnancy is because they are untested and not because they would actually be unhealthy to you or your baby.

pretty much WSS :thumbup:
Alot of OTC meds are actually not harmful to your unborn baby but there are not enough or any studies or clinical trials done on them so they label them Catergory C which means they may cause harm, they may not it because not enough adequate or successful human trials have been done, only animal ones and in animal trials (usually lab rats) they test ten times the amount that is safe for human consumption, such is the case with certain sleeping medications, antihistamines and antidepressants. So alot of the findings are inconclusive because they are only testing rats and using such high amounts that would be toxic in a non pregnant woman let alone a pregnant one.

Not that its recommended to take ibuprofen daily but as a one off its surely to cause no harm but its best to stick with paracetamol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->