I want ALL info on your.....

Tigerlass

Noahs mummy & TTC NO.2..
Reaction score
WATERBIRTH EXPERIENCE!!

I'm hoping to have a watebirth in hospital as Ive always found water to be my comfort zone....so I think it may help me! I've watched so many videos and it looks amazing....So now I just want to hear your stories :flower:

I want to know everything about YOUR own experience......

What did you wear? Did your partner get in with you? Did it make the labour go quick? What pain relief did you use? Etc etc ....I think you get the idea!

I want details details details lol!! :happydance::happydance:

:hug:

I always wanted to birth in water and the only way I could guarantee it was to birth at home as my very busy local hospital only has one pool. I only had a "single person" pool, but it was big enough if OH had wanted to get in. I was actually only in mine for 20 minutes for pushing and birthing in the end (see my birth story below) so can't comment on how the water would have been for pain relief, although it was bliss to get into the warm water. I stripped down to a vest top to get into the pool (pic attached). Would defo have a water birth again if possible. I can't imagine having a dry birth now!! xx

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3395533&l=2a70d7d171&id=656443239

your photos are lovely..thanks for sharing..I really want to try a waterbirth...but afraid of not being able to handle the pain without pain relief. ps..love the baby vans..i must get those

Sorry - not sure why it's put in two replies from me. Mods, can you delete this please? I can't see how to. Thanks.

I was the opposite. I spent a good 5 hours of my labour in the pool but ended up giving birth on dry land. :) It was wonderful though. I waited to get in until things felt really hard going - I'd only used a tens machine up to that point. It was wonderfully soothing and supportive being in the water. After a few hours I started getting mild pushing urges but a few hours later they were still mild so the midwife asked me to get out to examine me and see if some different positions and a trip to the loo would help. She examined me and found I had a cervical lip that she then pushed out the way. After that I was quite happy to stay out the pool because everything felt much more manageable and I pushed my daughter out on my knees over the sofa. I used no other pain relief.

I didn't wear anything - I was at home with just my family and a midwife I knew well so was comfortable with that - and my partner did get in with me for some of it but I won't be too bothered about that happening again. It was nice, but as long as she's nearby for hand holding I think that will be support enough.

I have a low lying placenta this time so won't know until 35 weeks if I can definitely plan a vaginal birth. Assuming we're good to go for it I'll definitely have a pool again.

Gina.

i've requested to go to the birthing centre as i have more chance of gettin a birthin pool...
after hearin peoples stories i really really want one!!
x

I had my DD in a birthing center in a pool and it was AWESOME! Labor was NOT fun previous to that but once I got in the pool it was so incredibly relaxing. I distinctly remember feeling like I couldn't go on then getting into the pool and going "this isn't so bad!" I labored and delivered in the pool and highly recommend it to others.

Unfortunately that birth center shut down and there aren't any others in the area. So when the next one comes along (WTT till June) I'll likely be doing my first homebirth.

From about 25 weeks I knew I wanted a water birth - this was when I had finally decided that I wasn't so keen on an epidural. It was lovely. After being in early to early-ish labour for about 7 hours, I arrived at the hospital, got checked and was 7cm dilated so I hopped straight in the pool and my son was born a few hours later!

I wore a bikini top the whole time (no bottoms, there was no point really). Had my midwife (obviously), mum and partner in the room. The pool was shaped a bit like a jacuzzi, and had rails. OH didn't want to get in with me which I guess is understandable cause things do get a little mucky.

I'm not sure whether or not it made a difference to the pain, because when the pain increased I was still in the pool, I never left it. But I have heard good things in that respect. I had gas and air for pain relief but if I'm honest I probably could've gone without, I just wanted to see what it was like :winkwink: It seems to just space you out between contractions so that it takes your mind off things but you can pretty much still feel it all.

I found it so amazing labouring and birthing in the water and would definitely do it that way again! I didn't have any external tears apart from a labial one, so in that regard the water might've helped. I also loved it because Lachlan came out and he was partially clean (we don't bath our newborns on the day they're born here as a general rule, just wipe them down) and I was pretty clean too really, no muck on my thighs like might've been with a "land" birth.

All in all, I definitely recommend it, it was a wonderful experience!!

Attachments

• meeting.jpg
    meeting.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly