I want to get a sonoline B but............

pinkpassion

3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete
Reaction score
I'm worried about not finding the heartbeat... I know I would wait until 10 weeks or so but with my previous losses I think it would really be reassuring to be able to hear the heartbeat!!! Also there's conflicting information on line about effects of the Doppler and ultrasounds... anyone have any thoughts on this? I wouldn't use it daily, but Maybe 1-2 a week just for reassurance... what are y'all thoughts on this? Am I just being paranoid???

i have a doppler and aslong as your not the type to stress if you dont find it every time in the early days then i say go for it. But if you would stress if you dont find it then leave it as its not worth the stress :)

I got an angel sounds at 8 weeks. First heard he heartbeat at 9 weeks. I use it when ever I feel like I need reassurance. Usually every couple of days.

xx

I wanted on really bad but my DH made it a point to stress that we need to ask the doctor first. After he spoke with my doctor who imphatically said NOT to get one for numerous reasons such as it can cause chromosomal changes and cause miscarriage we decided against it. I really wanted to b able to hear the baby to reassure myself but I guess I have to follow my DRs orders......�� now I'm sure some women use it and have perfect pregnancy's and nothing goes wrong but for me and my baby I'm gonna have to go with what my doctor says so if just check with ur DR first and see what they say

They do not cause chromosomal changes/damage or miscarrige else health professionals wouldn't use them.

What?! Chromosomal changes... now how in the world would it cause chromosomal changes????

It's a load of rubbish. It's just sound waves, it's like saying loud music can cause miscarriage.

I am not a medical professional but am repeating what MY Doctor has said to me regarding my desire to want one and like I said in my post I'm sure many women use it and r just fine. Also if u read the website it says to consult ur Doctor prior to purchasing one. Both of my doctors are among the top doctors in the country and said that using a Doppler for one minute is equivellant to 30 minn of an ultra sound. So as for it being rubbish I doubt I'll b listening to u over a trained medical professional. Also as for comparing it to loud music is like saying taking an Xray is the same as taking a picture with a camera.

https://www.mothering.com/community/t/639969/fetal-doppler-what-are-the-dangers

Everyone should listen to their OWN doctor. Claiming you have two of the best doctors in the country is a bit much. No need to rub it in. Because I also have (opinion based) the best doctor in the whole country.

I won't use the doppler because I haven't asked my doctor if its ok. But chromosomal changes cannot happen by a doppler. Maybe it can cause a miscarriage. Many doctors have woman wait until they're 12weeks pregnant to get an ultrasound done because there are *some* risks. Minimal risks but risks nonetheless.

I have to correct myself it wasn't chromosomal changes but cell changes my fault.

I responded and gave my opinion based on what My doctor told me when I asked about purchasing a Doppler . My reason for stating that he is one of the best in the country was not to "Rub it in" but rather to defend what I was told when it was referred to as "Rubbish". Like u said night flower everyone should listen to there OWN doctor which is why I suggested pink passion ask her DR first B4 purchasing one.

Wow. I didn't know ultrasound/Doppler use was such a debate...... I don't want to hurt my baby!!!

Pink passion there are pros and cons to everything and there are people who are for and against everything u have to do what U think is best for UR baby so ask ur doctor maybe he/she will say it's perfectly fine to use. I just know for ME I'll have to do with out it. U will find plenty of women on this Forum and in ur personal life who have used and are ok with it. So Good luck with what ever u decide I hope u have a H&H 9 months

Pink passion I think if you would like a Doppler to use for reassurance every now and again then go for it, aslong as you aren't one to panic if you can't find it one day, babies do like to hide!

As for there being risks with Dopplers, I have to say what in pregnancy doesn't come with a slight risk?? If we read up too much on everything then we will be scared to do ANYTHING during pregnancy. If you googled too much of anything it would be considered a risk.
Please don't think that by buying a Doppler you are going to hurt your baby.

:flower:

I'm probably exposing the baby to risk by using my laptop and having wifi, oh I use a mobile phone, I drive a car - like already said, there are risks that come with everything.

I used my doppler last night for the first time in around a week since I bought it and heard the HB - last night it sounded so much stronger and clearer, it was just lovely <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->