I want to get my hands on some real nappies lol

pinkie77

Mum of four!
Reaction score
I've been reading up on the various reusable nappies available til my head hurts and I think I've got it all straight now lol but I want to see and feel them for real if that makes sense?

I can't actually buy any more (even pre-loved :() until I've got my HIP grant now and I'll be 29 weeks before I even get the form for various reasons :(

And I've googled but can't find anywhere local that stocks them - could be doing it all wrong though :dohh:

Any suggestions (other than the baby show which I was hoping to go to but just going to a local one now as it became a logistical nightmare :()

I want fluff!!!

Mothercare, asda, boots & wilkinsons sell basic ones near me, but all the good nappies (ie itti bitti, cushie tushie, issy bear etc) are mainly online

Some places will do nappy trials, but I've no idea how that works if the baby isn't here yet! Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a better answer :hugs:

go along to baby/toddler group at your local HV clinic and see if there are any cloth mums there that will bring a nappy for you to have a good look and feel of

where abouts in essex are you..I can see essex from my house..well its across the river but still very close (im told..never been there) but I can meet up with you and bring you some or you can come round for tea!
I know how you feel though..I needed to touch them..but be worn because once I got my first ones..I feel in love and now almost at 30 nappies on order!

Char&Bump, the only ones our local shops seem to have are the bambino mio ones :(

Someone mentioned a nappy trial the other day but I think you're right Eala, I need my baby here first!

Lynnikins, fab idea! I've already offered to go to a m&b group with my mate who doesn't want to go on her own and knows I'll talk to anyone lol so I'll definately try that one! My friend's used to my 'odd ideas' as she sees them, we were pregnant the first time together too.

Oooh Jessabella, you're not far then - I might even be the part of Essex you can see! I'm in Shoebury, apparently it's the Isle of Sheppy opposite me although I'm totally rubbish at geography :blush:

It'd be fab to meet up at some point hun x x

I have 3 fuzzibunz and want more lol, I keep getting them out and looking at them!

I know what you mean..I keep getting mine out too...well when I all mine in...maybe you can come round and we can admire them together..that way you can get a good look at a few different brands...
should be fun..Ill even cook for ya! hahah

I've just googled and I know where you are now, not far from the dartford crossing?

And if your pie on your other thread is anything to go by, I'll be there for tea lol

haha youre so funny..
yeah im only about 10 mins from dartford crossing...(i think) I dont really know since I dont drive! hahah

ps that pie was nothing..you should see my dinner parties!

Nappy trials really only work once your baby has arrived, but it's very well worrh doing one. On the other hand, if you just want to see and feel, if you buy on the internet, you have a legal right to return anything unused within 7 days, so you couuld order to just look, and return. However, you'd have to pay postage, and a few compab-bies charge a re-socking fe, so watch out for conditions before you do that.

I actually offer 2 weeks to return, with no re-stocking charge, and I also offer a 70% refund even if you return a nappy used, within 2 weeks! And I will organize a trial of anything I stock - you're choice - if you wt, after your baby is born .

I would recommend that you don't buy too much before you've tried some out though,as some nappies just don't fit some babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->