I want to introduce the occasional bottle

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
I have been EBF for 15 weeks hurrah! With a toddler in tow too,.I am.one tired mumma. Not so fussed about doing night feeds but it'd be nice if dh could do a bottle at the weekend so I could go out or I could leave them both with my mum for a couple of hours.

Will this be possible? how would I do it? Will my dd forget how to latch?

I have been EBF for 15 weeks hurrah! With a toddler in tow too,.I am.one tired mumma. Not so fussed about doing night feeds but it'd be nice if dh could do a bottle at the weekend so I could go out or I could leave them both with my mum for a couple of hours.

Will this be possible? how would I do it? Will my dd forget how to latch?

Just express a some a try a little in a bottle ( not all just an Oz or so, don't want to waste any in case she doesn't take it first time), might take few tries to find bottle that suit DD best. Once she has done it, give her expressed once a week just to remind her. She should be past nipple teat confusion, if anything she may take a few attempt to take as she is used to you. Hope that helps :)

Oooo sometimes helps if someone else gives the bottle eg DH as she may not take from you as she knows you feed her by breast

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->